There’s something magical and beautiful about folk music that makes it perfect for sweet, romantic moments – and if you’re a fan of the genre, you should definitely include at least some folk tunes in your Big Day’s soundtrack!
What are some of the best folk songs you could steal for your wedding day?
We have some suggestions for you – keep on reading and find out more.
- Philip Philips, Dance with Me. The romantic undertones of this song are absolutely perfect for a wedding – especially a first or last dance! There’s something so deep and beautiful about the lyrics and the music behind this song that all of your guests will fall in love with it.
- Ray LaMontagne, You Are the Best Thing. This might sound unbelievable to those who were listening to this song when it first came out, but it’s been more than a decade since it was released. Like all good things though, this song maintains its freshness and beauty regardless of how much time has passed. It’s a pure declaration of love wrapped uniquely in a voice and a song that are truly special. This song is perfect for the wedding recessional, as well as the first dance – but of course, you can play it any time during the Big Day.
- Tom Odell, Grow Old with Me. There’s nothing more romantic than growing old with the one you love – and this song is all about that! If you want to show the world just how much you love each other and how hopeful you are for your future together, play this song during the Big Day. The music will embrace you and your guests in such a beautiful and unique way!
- LP, Lost on You. Probably one of the most original contemporary artists, LP knows how to create love songs that are raw, unique, and truly deep. This one is an excellent example of her music and how amazing it can be! The music, the voice, the lyrics – everything about this sweet song is absolutely perfect.
Looking for the very best wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests with music nobody will ever forget – the perfect music for the perfect Big Day. Just what your love story deserves!
Your wedding music is more than just music – it’s the atmosphere you set at your wedding. It’s the soundtrack you choose for one of the happiest and most memorable moments of your life.
Of course, every song should be carefully picked to suit you and who you are – and while the special dances at the reception are definitely hugely important, it is also quite important to make sure you choose amazing music for your wedding ceremony too.
What are the rules you should follow when it comes to this? We have some tips and suggestions for you – so read on if you want to learn more about this.
- Most wedding ceremony sites allow you to choose your own music. However, if you plan on having a religious wedding, you should discuss this matter with your wedding officiant. Certain religious sites have pretty strict rules as to what kind of music (and even what range of songs) can be played during ceremonies, so you should make sure to clear things out in this respect before you proceed on creating a playlist.
- Most couples only consider the music for the wedding processional and for the wedding recessional. However, music should be played throughout the entire ceremony (at a higher or lower volume, but nevertheless, music will be there in most cases). So why not take this opportunity and personalize your entire wedding? Even the music played on the background as the guests are taking their seats can be personal and unique!
- In most cases, couples choose more relaxing sounds for the first part of the wedding and something more energizing for the processional and ceremony exit. However, this is not a rule that absolutely has to be followed. If you feel that you wedding music should be high-energy from the very beginning of the ceremony, then go ahead and create a playlist that reflects your own taste.
- At the end of the day, this is a once in a lifetime kind of moment – so, as long as your ceremony site allows it, you should definitely include whatever type of music suits you best. If that’s Metallica for the wedding vow moment, then so be it!
Still searching for the perfect wedding DJ in the New York area? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who ENCHANT you and your guests with QUALITY wedding DJ music!
Pop music bears this name for a good reason: it is popular with most people, and chances are that those invited at your wedding will absolutely love dancing on a couple of some of the most popular…pop songs out there.
What are they? What are some of the most requested pop songs for a New York wedding playlist? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Chainsmokers & Coldplay – Something Just Like This. A pretty, catchy tune that talks about love – it really couldn’t go wrong with a wedding, right? Play this if you’re the kind of couple filled with lots of energy you totally want to share with your wedding guests.
- Imagine Dragons – Believer. OK, this is not pure pop music, but it has some pretty amazing energy to it (like most songs played by Imagine Dragons). Play this and we guarantee people will absolutely WANT TO join you all on the dance floor – it’s just the kind of tune that does that to everyone, regardless of whether or not they like the band or its style.
- Maroon 5 feat Sza – What Lovers Do. Another love song filled with the energy of a pop tune, perfect for the later in the evening (when hopefully, your wedding has helped at least a couple of friends get to know each other). It may not be the perfect song for grandmothers who get offended by sexual innuendos, but if you know your “audience” is fine with this, then you can definitely go for it.
- Khalid – Young, Dumb, and Broke. This is the song that will add a bit of humor to your wedding – it’s an excellent choice for those of you who want to make your guests smile (at least). Add this to the playlist and maybe even plan a special dance for it (like the groomsmen’s dance, for instance). People will just love it!
- Pink – What About Us. A power song like only Pink could have ever pulled off, an amazing tune that will send shivers down everyone’s spine. We have yet to hear about someone who really doesn’t like this song!
Looking for an amazing wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who help you have a truly fantastic wedding! With us on your side, everyone will find your wedding to be genuinely MEMORABLE!