Every single second of your wedding day deserves to be nothing less than pure perfection. Of course, a lot of elements will contribute to this: the food, the ambiance, the lighting, the décor, and even the actual location of the wedding itself.
Of all these elements, though, one that you really don’t want to leave for last is your wedding music. Planning the perfect wedding music for your special day will help you create the right energy for each and every special moment of this event.
How do you coordinate musical genres with different wedding moments, though?
Here are some tips you might want to keep in mind.
- You should play something soft and slow for the wedding ceremony. When the guests take their seats, when the wedding processional takes place, and when the recessional takes place, you want to make sure you create a very romantic atmosphere. The best way to do this is by using soft jazz songs or instrumental songs (not necessarily classical music!). This type of music will make everyone feel relaxed and in the mood for everything great to come.
- You should play something sweet and catchy for the entrance. When you make your entrance at your wedding reception, you want to make sure you make everyone feel ready to party. Songs like Maroon 5’s “Sugar” are especially great for this kind of moment. Also, do make sure to dedicate a special song for your wedding party entrance too, to show them how much they mean to you. This song should be energizing and full of “party vibes” (such as Black Eyed Peas’ “Let’s Get the Party Started” or Pharrell’s “Happy”).
- For your wedding dance, choose a soft ballad, a soul song, or a slow pop. You want to be able to dance to this easily, but you also want the song to send out positive vibes and romantic notes. There are hundreds of examples in this category – what’s most important is that you feel with this song and that it truly speaks to you.
Looking for an awesome wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests with the kind of wedding music they will never forget! Contact us and we guarantee you will LOVE our services!
Your wedding music can make all the difference in the world. Even if the rest of your wedding is simple or modest, the wedding music you choose, as well as the food you serve can instantly pump up the mood and help guests have a genuinely good time.
How do you plan your wedding music? What are the essential tips to keep in mind?
We have gathered some of them for you – so keep reading and find out more.
- Don’t go over your budget. Yes, music is the kind of wedding element you should definitely prioritize over other smaller elements (such as specific pieces of décor or even day of stationery). However, this doesn’t mean that you should go over your budget. As wedding DJs ourselves, we understand that, in the end, nothing is more important than starting your married life on the right foot and not having to carry debt with you for the years to come. So, yes, we totally believe budget is where it all starts.
- Weed out the unclassy songs. This does not mean you cannot play modern or dance-worthy songs. On the contrary, you should definitely do that too! However, do make sure to listen closely to the songs you choose for the Big Day, so that you don’t leave anything that might offend anyone. It’s better to play it safe with these things.
- Do you have any kind of specific musical tastes? For instance, if you like a special decade or a very specific genre (pop-rock-folk indie, for example), you want to make sure you bring that into your wedding day without making guests feel bored with it. The best way to deal with this is by dedicating a special section of your wedding to your favorite songs.
- Want guests to leave your wedding feeling great and energized? Make sure your last songs are high-energy and happy. It’s the best way to help everyone end a great day on a high note – it will instantly put a smile on everyone’s faces and who knows, maybe the party will continue elsewhere with those who want to keep on having fun all night long.
Have you booked your New York wedding DJ yet? If you are still looking for the right team, come check out Moving Music DJs. We have the experience, the talent, and the dedication you need for special events in your life – so you will never regret hiring us!
2019 has started with a bang in the wedding world, with many celebrities tying the knot (more or less secretly). Given that the full wedding season is right around the corner, we are looking forward to an explosion of amazing weddings in the next few months as well.
What are some of the ultra-popular songs that will be played at 2019 weddings?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Bruno Mars ft. Cardi B, Finesse. Bruno Mars has a way with his music that lands him on wedding playlists almost instantaneously – and this particular Cardi B collaboration makes no exception from the rule. Play it at your wedding if you want people to instantly get off their chairs and go on the dance floor to have the time of their lives.
- Justin Timberlake, Can’t Stop This Feeling. There’s so much music and positive vibes happening in every Justin Timberlake song that it would be hard not to dance to his tunes. This particular one will be mad popular at weddings in 2019 precisely because it has great energy and uniqueness to it – plus, everyone knows it, so you are in for a really fun party.
- Whitney Houston, I Wanna Dance with Somebody. This will always be a classic – it’s the kind of song to play when you want all generations present at your wedding to jump off their seats and dance the evening away. Positive, beautiful, and romantic at the same time, this tune is a true invitation to the dance floor, regardless of age or general musical tastes – it’s that kind of universal song that can make all the difference in the world when added to a party playlist.
- Marshmello, Happier. This song might be tricky, because while it is positive (and it definitely has positive vibes to it), it also tends to lean towards a breakup. So, if you are superstitious or if you simply don’t find this appropriate for your wedding, you might want to skip it. If you want to go beyond that into the deeply positive message and music of this song, then by all means go ahead and add it to your playlist – people love it!
Looking for a dedicated and talented wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and hire us if you want your wedding music to be absolutely unforgettable. You won’t regret it!
There’s something magical and beautiful about folk music that makes it perfect for sweet, romantic moments – and if you’re a fan of the genre, you should definitely include at least some folk tunes in your Big Day’s soundtrack!
What are some of the best folk songs you could steal for your wedding day?
We have some suggestions for you – keep on reading and find out more.
- Philip Philips, Dance with Me. The romantic undertones of this song are absolutely perfect for a wedding – especially a first or last dance! There’s something so deep and beautiful about the lyrics and the music behind this song that all of your guests will fall in love with it.
- Ray LaMontagne, You Are the Best Thing. This might sound unbelievable to those who were listening to this song when it first came out, but it’s been more than a decade since it was released. Like all good things though, this song maintains its freshness and beauty regardless of how much time has passed. It’s a pure declaration of love wrapped uniquely in a voice and a song that are truly special. This song is perfect for the wedding recessional, as well as the first dance – but of course, you can play it any time during the Big Day.
- Tom Odell, Grow Old with Me. There’s nothing more romantic than growing old with the one you love – and this song is all about that! If you want to show the world just how much you love each other and how hopeful you are for your future together, play this song during the Big Day. The music will embrace you and your guests in such a beautiful and unique way!
- LP, Lost on You. Probably one of the most original contemporary artists, LP knows how to create love songs that are raw, unique, and truly deep. This one is an excellent example of her music and how amazing it can be! The music, the voice, the lyrics – everything about this sweet song is absolutely perfect.
Looking for the very best wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests with music nobody will ever forget – the perfect music for the perfect Big Day. Just what your love story deserves!
Your wedding music is more than just music – it’s the atmosphere you set at your wedding. It’s the soundtrack you choose for one of the happiest and most memorable moments of your life.
Of course, every song should be carefully picked to suit you and who you are – and while the special dances at the reception are definitely hugely important, it is also quite important to make sure you choose amazing music for your wedding ceremony too.
What are the rules you should follow when it comes to this? We have some tips and suggestions for you – so read on if you want to learn more about this.
- Most wedding ceremony sites allow you to choose your own music. However, if you plan on having a religious wedding, you should discuss this matter with your wedding officiant. Certain religious sites have pretty strict rules as to what kind of music (and even what range of songs) can be played during ceremonies, so you should make sure to clear things out in this respect before you proceed on creating a playlist.
- Most couples only consider the music for the wedding processional and for the wedding recessional. However, music should be played throughout the entire ceremony (at a higher or lower volume, but nevertheless, music will be there in most cases). So why not take this opportunity and personalize your entire wedding? Even the music played on the background as the guests are taking their seats can be personal and unique!
- In most cases, couples choose more relaxing sounds for the first part of the wedding and something more energizing for the processional and ceremony exit. However, this is not a rule that absolutely has to be followed. If you feel that you wedding music should be high-energy from the very beginning of the ceremony, then go ahead and create a playlist that reflects your own taste.
- At the end of the day, this is a once in a lifetime kind of moment – so, as long as your ceremony site allows it, you should definitely include whatever type of music suits you best. If that’s Metallica for the wedding vow moment, then so be it!
Still searching for the perfect wedding DJ in the New York area? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who ENCHANT you and your guests with QUALITY wedding DJ music!
Pop music bears this name for a good reason: it is popular with most people, and chances are that those invited at your wedding will absolutely love dancing on a couple of some of the most popular…pop songs out there.
What are they? What are some of the most requested pop songs for a New York wedding playlist? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Chainsmokers & Coldplay – Something Just Like This. A pretty, catchy tune that talks about love – it really couldn’t go wrong with a wedding, right? Play this if you’re the kind of couple filled with lots of energy you totally want to share with your wedding guests.
- Imagine Dragons – Believer. OK, this is not pure pop music, but it has some pretty amazing energy to it (like most songs played by Imagine Dragons). Play this and we guarantee people will absolutely WANT TO join you all on the dance floor – it’s just the kind of tune that does that to everyone, regardless of whether or not they like the band or its style.
- Maroon 5 feat Sza – What Lovers Do. Another love song filled with the energy of a pop tune, perfect for the later in the evening (when hopefully, your wedding has helped at least a couple of friends get to know each other). It may not be the perfect song for grandmothers who get offended by sexual innuendos, but if you know your “audience” is fine with this, then you can definitely go for it.
- Khalid – Young, Dumb, and Broke. This is the song that will add a bit of humor to your wedding – it’s an excellent choice for those of you who want to make your guests smile (at least). Add this to the playlist and maybe even plan a special dance for it (like the groomsmen’s dance, for instance). People will just love it!
- Pink – What About Us. A power song like only Pink could have ever pulled off, an amazing tune that will send shivers down everyone’s spine. We have yet to hear about someone who really doesn’t like this song!
Looking for an amazing wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who help you have a truly fantastic wedding! With us on your side, everyone will find your wedding to be genuinely MEMORABLE!