Country music will never lose its charm – and if you’re among the couples in love with the genre, you surely want to make sure it’s included on your wedding day’s playlist.
What are some of the very best country songs for your New York wedding? Well, we have some suggestions for you – so read on and find out more.
- Lady Antebellum, I Run to You. Even if they are not necessarily fans of this genre, your guests are bound to at least recognize this song (and most likely LOVE it too). A popular tune with a modern, contemporary country touch and with powerful lyrics that will melt everyone’s hearts – it’s the perfect recipe for any kind of First Dance!
- Shania Twain, You’re Still the One. Well, she IS one of the multi-crowned queens of the country music genre – so we couldn’t have “missed” her in this list. This particular song has a lot of romanticism and strength to it – and it’s the kind ALL guests will recognize. So, if you want a relatable, beautiful, and truly loveable tune for your First Dance, this is IT.
- Blake Shelton, God Gave Me You. Even if you don’t like country music, Blake Shelton is bound to steal your heart with his amazing voice and with his really thoughtful, meaningful songs. This one makes no exception – so if you want a modern country song that doesn’t sway too far away from tradition, this is a really amazing option!
- Kenny Chesney, You Had Me from Hello. Also quite popular even among people who are not very familiar with the entire country music scene, this tune is a lovely option as well. It’s the perfect song for couples who really believe in first love and who have a story that really suits the song. Every relationship has its ups and downs, but knowing that you loved each other from the very first moment is a really amazing sentiment – one that will transpire into your First Dance and make it feel magical, just like a proper real-life fairytale.
Looking for a truly talented, dedicated, and professional wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and hire us if you want to make sure your Big Day is perfectly well-entertained! Contact us and you will never, ever regret hiring us – nobody before you did it, and you won’t do it either!
Fall weddings are right around the corner – and if you too are planning to have an amazing fall wedding in New York, you definitely want every single element of this event to be perfectly well coordinated with the season outside.
Of course, your wedding music should be all about you – but what if you chose a couple of songs that suit the romantic and nostalgic vibes of the season too? We have some suggestions for you – so read on if you’re looking for inspiration.
- Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova, Falling Slowly. This sweet, romantic song is just perfect for a First Dance (or for a Last Dance, or any other couple’s dance at the wedding). There’s a unique sound to it that will contribute to making your special dance(s) special and unforgettable. Plus, there’s a kind of sweet nostalgia to this song that perfectly suits the weather outside.
- The Velvet Underground, Oh, Sweet Nuthin. Another unique song you absolutely have to listen to if you don’t know it already. Romantic and powerful at the same time, everything about this song screams love – which is precisely why it’s so right for a wedding dance. Add this to the softness of the vibes it sends out and you get the perfect song for a fall wedding!
- Justin Timberlake, Not a Bad Thing. Looking for a song that’s both romantic and energizing and makes for the perfect fall wedding song? This tune is perfect for the kind of couple who wants a First Dance that’s special and surprising first and foremost – give it a listen and we guarantee you will love it!
- Halo, Beyonce. The piano, the voice, the lyrics of this song – they are so, so perfect for a wedding! The song itself may sound quite sad, but it works perfectly well with a fall wedding theme – and it makes for a sweet Last Dance that will leave guests in tears of emotion.
- Cat Power, Sea of Love. This vintage song is a really amazing choice for couples who want to stand out from the crowd with their First or Last Dance. The melody is filled with love and passion, but it also has that “fall” note that makes it absolutely great for the season outside.
Looking for the best wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who truly entertain you and your wedding guests!
All brides and grooms want their wedding days to be really unforgettable. Obviously, there are a lot of details that go into a successful wedding. From the colors you choose for the décor to the wedding menu itself, and from your dress to the flowers on the table, everything will make a difference.
But nothing is quite as important as your wedding entertainment.
What are some of the crucial tips all brides and grooms in New York should know about wedding entertainment? We have gathered them for you right below – so read on and find out more.
- Know your audience. You may not know what music each guest loves to listen to – but it’s fair to make some assumptions. For instance, it’s likely that your friends will be fine with Top 40 songs and whatever kind of music you listen to. However, your parents will probably want to dance on something they can recognize too – so you will have to include a couple of songs from different decades too.
- Everything for everyone. Sure, you’d like everyone to spend all their time on the dance floor, but that rarely happens. So why not provide non-dancers with some kind of entertainment too? A special show, stand up comedy, juggling, board games – the list is literally endless. Even a simple lounge area will help guests catch up with each other, say jokes, and create amazing memories!
- Children included. It’s perfectly fine not to want to invite children at your wedding – but if you do, treat them like any other guest and provide them with some kind of entertainment too. Some fun games for children their age, a kids’ entertainer, fun little tasks (like taking pictures with a single use camera) – these things keep the children happy and out of trouble (which consequently makes their parents happy too).
- Break the rhythm. Don’t be afraid to experiment with your special wedding songs. You don’t HAVE TO choose a smooth song for the First Dance, same as you don’t HAVE TO pick a very classical tune for your wedding processional. This is your wedding, so you make your own rules when it comes to these personal touches.
Looking for a reliable, talented, and truly attentive wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who entertain you and your wedding guests!
Your wedding first dance is one of the most beautiful, romantic, and unforgettable moments of the entire Big Day. Obviously, you want this moment to be accompanied by the kind of music that really speaks about your love story – the kind of music that flows through your veins and sends out love and beauty in the air.
What are some of the most popular first dance songs right now? We have some suggestions for you – so read on and find out more.
- Ed Sheeran, Thinking Out Loud. Undoubtedly, Ed Sheeran is one of the great troubadours of modern times. His voice goes perfectly with the ultra-romantic tunes he puts out and the amazing lyrics behind each and every single song of his. This is probably one of the most popular songs created by Ed Sheeran – and one of the most popular love (and first dance) songs ever created as well. Absolutely lovely!
- Ellie Goulding, How Long Will I Love You. Another modern voice, another amazing modern song about love and its incommensurable endlessness. If you’re looking for a song that will definitely make everyone at your wedding feel emotional and embraced by the power of love, this is IT. Amazing choice!
- Bruno Mars, Treasure. A unique voice and a truly original style you’d recognize from a million. You are just bound to love every single note of this song and every single word of it – because it speaks about the kind of love we can all relate to, because it’s sweet, because it’s uniquely unforgettable in its own way.
- Ben E King, Stand by Me. A true oldie but goldie, a song that can simply never go out of fashion – just like true love, this tune is absolutely timeless. No wonder, then, why so many people still include it in their wedding playlists, especially as their first dance song.
- Frank Sinatra and Rosemary Clooney, Peachtree Street. Just like the name suggests, this a sweet, sweet song – just perfect for the first dance. With Frank Sinatra and Rosemary Clooney behind it, this tune is romantic to the “bone” and it really sticks to one’s memory in a fantastic, beautiful way. Gorgeous option!
Looking for a wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and let’s talk about your wedding playlist – with us on your side, we guarantee your Big Day will be absolutely fantastic!
Pop music bears this name for a good reason: it is popular with most people, and chances are that those invited at your wedding will absolutely love dancing on a couple of some of the most popular…pop songs out there.
What are they? What are some of the most requested pop songs for a New York wedding playlist? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Chainsmokers & Coldplay – Something Just Like This. A pretty, catchy tune that talks about love – it really couldn’t go wrong with a wedding, right? Play this if you’re the kind of couple filled with lots of energy you totally want to share with your wedding guests.
- Imagine Dragons – Believer. OK, this is not pure pop music, but it has some pretty amazing energy to it (like most songs played by Imagine Dragons). Play this and we guarantee people will absolutely WANT TO join you all on the dance floor – it’s just the kind of tune that does that to everyone, regardless of whether or not they like the band or its style.
- Maroon 5 feat Sza – What Lovers Do. Another love song filled with the energy of a pop tune, perfect for the later in the evening (when hopefully, your wedding has helped at least a couple of friends get to know each other). It may not be the perfect song for grandmothers who get offended by sexual innuendos, but if you know your “audience” is fine with this, then you can definitely go for it.
- Khalid – Young, Dumb, and Broke. This is the song that will add a bit of humor to your wedding – it’s an excellent choice for those of you who want to make your guests smile (at least). Add this to the playlist and maybe even plan a special dance for it (like the groomsmen’s dance, for instance). People will just love it!
- Pink – What About Us. A power song like only Pink could have ever pulled off, an amazing tune that will send shivers down everyone’s spine. We have yet to hear about someone who really doesn’t like this song!
Looking for an amazing wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who help you have a truly fantastic wedding! With us on your side, everyone will find your wedding to be genuinely MEMORABLE!
Your rehearsal dinner may not be as big or as fancy as the wedding itself, but that doesn’t mean it’s not important.
On the contrary. Planning a great rehearsal dinner is very important if you want to make sure you set the right tone for the Big Day (and, of course, if you want to make sure everything will go smoothly on the wedding day).
Same as music is important on the wedding day itself, it is also a pretty essential element at your rehearsal dinner too – but what songs could you include here?
We have some suggestions for you – so continue reading to find out more.
- The Cure, Friday I’m in Love. This song is perfect from a number of points of view. First of all, it’s catchy, sweet, and there’s a high likelihood that everyone at your wedding knows it already. Secondly, it’s absolutely perfect if you’re having a Saturday wedding (like most couples do), because that means your rehearsal dinner will take place on… Friday. And yes, you’ll be in love!
- Dave Brubeck, Bossa Nova U.S.A. Looking for a jazzy tune to lift up the spirits and make people chattier and friendlier with each other? This song is really great for you, then! If you don’t know it already, be sure to give it a listen – we’re sure you will love it so much that you will automatically include it in your rehearsal dinner playlist.
- Beck, Tropicalia. Sweet, fun, and relaxing at the same time, this song is a great addition to any kind of dinner party – specifically one that has such a great influence on your wedding day. Guests will absolutely love catching up with each other and socializing with this playing on the background.
- Sugar Town, Nancy Sinatra. A sweet and romantic song that’s bound to put a huge smile on everyone’s faces. It will set just the right mood: not too energizing, not too laid-back, but perfectly in between, for a nice evening spent with those who are closest to your heart. It will be just lovely!
Looking for a talented and dedicated wedding DJ in New York? You are looking for Moving Music DJs, then! Contact us, allow us to be the ones who bring the MUSIC to your wedding, and you will never regret your choice – because with us on your side, every single guest will feel absolutely amazing!
All brides want their wedding ceremonies to be absolutely fantastic, dreamy, romantic, and unforgettable – and given the uniqueness of this moment in one’s life, that’s perfectly understandable.
The song you choose for the background of your New York wedding ceremony processional is very important – but what are some of the most popular options out there? We’ve gathered them right below – so read on if you’re looking for some inspiration.
- Pachabel, Canon in D. Aside from the classic “Here Comes the Bride”, this is one of the most popular songs to play on the wedding processional. Soft, romantic, beautiful, this classical tune will accompany you down the aisle, making you feel timelessly beautiful and eternally important in your loved one’s life (which is true!).
- Bright Eyes, First Day of My Life. Such a sweet song, for a sweet, sweet moment of your life! The music itself is very pleasing, the voice is amazing, and the lyrics will complement how you feel as you make these few, very important steps towards the one who’s going to be your other half from hereon. Amazing choice!
- Shania Twain, From This Moment On. If you would like to bring a bit of a romantic country vibe into your wedding processional, this song is just perfect for this. Say what you want, but Shania really knows how to convey strong emotions – and this song makes no exception from the rule. Play it if you want something that’s both romantic and energizing at the same time!
- Adele, Make You Feel My Love. Adele’s most popular songs are usually about breakups – so definitely not suitable for a wedding processional. This one, however, isn’t – and oh, what a masterpiece it is! The force in her voice, the emotion in her lyrics – everything about this song is GRAND and unforgettable, which is precisely why it’s such an excellent choice for a wedding processional.
- The Beatles, Here Comes the Sun. This song needs no introduction – but it can “introduce” you as a bride to your wedding guests and future spouse in such a beautiful, magical way! Choose this tune if you’d love a vintage touch to be brought into your wedding ceremony.
Looking for the BEST wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and hire us if you want your wedding music to be truly unforgettable. Contact us and we guarantee both you and your guests will have a GREAT time at your wedding!
The Cutting of the Cake is far more meaningful and symbolical than many think. Aside from the fact that everyone will be waiting for the wedding dessert (because, yes, who doesn’t cake?), the Cutting of the Cake is also symbolical from the point of view of the bride and groom and their story. For instance, the fact that they are doing this together is meaningful for their future as a couple. Even more, the cake itself is a wish of good luck and sweetness for their future life together.
What about the music playing on the background? What are some of the popular songs for the Cutting of the Cake? We have some ideas for you – so read on and find out more:
- Maroon 5 – Sugar. This song was created to be played at weddings – and if you want proof for this, just look at the video they created for the song. High-energy and catchy, this tune will not only put a smile on your guests’ faces, but it will make them want to dance as well (because what better thing to do is there after cake, other than having fun on the dance floor?).
- Blake Shelton – Honey Bee. In love with country music? Blake Shelton’s “Honey Bee” is an excellent choice for you, then! If you are looking for a very sweet song for your sweet treat moment, this song will surely be more than suitable!
- Average White Band – Cut the Cake. Well, this song was really created for this type of moment at weddings, so it’s really no way it couldn’t be suitable. Fun, beautiful, and really catchy, this tune is more than likely to make your guests smile (and no, not just because dessert is just a couple of minutes away!).
- Michael Buble, How Sweet It is. What a romantic song, and what a great underlining metaphor – just perfect for the Cutting of the Cake moment at your wedding! With Michael Buble’s fantastic voice on the background, your Cutting of the Cake will be one of the most memorable moments of your life!
Looking for the best wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who will entertain you and your wedding guests! Contact us and we promise you will NEVER regret having hired us for your Big Day!
Every musical decade has its own charm – but it seems that none has songs that are more popular for dancing than the magical 80s. The high-energy, the high hopes, the vibes of the music created in this decade – there’s nothing about the 80s that don’t recommend them for a wedding. Even more, it’s just the kind of music that can connect emotionally with a wide range of guests – from your parents and their friends to yourselves, if you were brought up in this decade.
What are some of the most popularly requested 80s tunes for a New York wedding? We have some tips for you – read on and find out more:
- Michael Jackson, Thriller. You could never create a top of the most popular songs born in the 80s and omit MJ. As the quintessential 80s and 90s artist, he marked the world of music like nobody else did it before – and for that, his music lives on. “Thriller” is just one of his highly requested songs – and it’s just perfect for a quirky couple’s wedding, especially if you want guests to join in on an impromptu group dance. We bet everyone will have tons of fun on this song!
- Wham!, Wake Me Up before You Go-Go. It might not be the most wedding-appropriate song, but then again, there are a lot of songs that have entered the “wedding folklore” and are much worse than this (“Macarena” is one of the most notorious ones). This is, however, a high-energy song everyone will sing the lyrics to – so it’s great for an ice-breaker at your wedding.
- Dead or Alive, You Spin Me Round (Like a Record). You may have even forgotten about this song if you’re not hung up on retro music playlists. But the minute you will hear it, you will want to dance – and that is precisely what makes it such an excellent addition to your wedding music playlist.
- The Cure, Just Like Heaven. A really beautiful song with a very unique tune to it – one that’s just as quintessentially 80s as MJ, but at the other end of the pole. Excellent option for couples who really want to show off their uniqueness!
Looking for the very best wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who will provide you with the BEST entertainment for your Big Day. Hire us and you won’t regret it!
As the hosts of your wedding in Buffalo, NY, you want to make sure everyone invited there actually has a lot of fun. Sure, the dress, and the decor, and the food, and the drinks – they will all make a huge difference for each guest invited at your wedding.
Yet, it is very often that the “pulse” of an event is given by the music playing on the background and whether or not guests are actually entertained (i.e. dancing).
How do you actually get guests off their chairs and attract them to the middle of the dance floor? We have some tips for you – read on and find out more.
- Mix the genres. We know you might be a big country or rock or r’n’b fan, but focusing on the same genre can get boring over the course of a few hours – especially if your wedding guests are not exactly enjoying that particular type of music. Try to mix things up – it’s far more likely that you will satisfy the wide range of tastes your guests may have. Also, try to cover as many musical decades as possible – this way, everyone will be happy with the music, from your grandma to your teenage niece.
- DO make a “DO NOT PLAY” list, but keep it short. If your DO NOT PLAY list is very long, it is more than likely that your DJ will end up with fewer choices – and thus, it is less likely that the music played at your wedding will be the kind everyone recognizes and wants to dance to. Of course, it’s perfectly normal to have a list of songs you just don’t want to hear at your wedding (and there’s a myriad of reasons for this too) – but try to be reasonable and realistic about this.
- Hire the right person. You cannot even imagine how much it matters to hire the right DJ! Someone with experience and genuine talent for this will know how to set up the atmosphere, warm up your guests, and “lure” them to the dance floor without making it feel forced in any way.
Looking for that DJ in Buffalo, NY? If you want to hire someone who is very passionate about mixing music for wedding crowds, be sure to contact Moving Music DJs – we’re here to make your wedding feel truly unforgettable!