Cutting the Cake might feel like one of the lesser important New York wedding moments – but if you look closer at it, you will discover that it is actually very meaningful. The Cutting of the Cake symbolizes the sweetness of love as much as it symbolizes the sweetness of your hopes and your commitment to building a life together – and if that isn’t meaningful, we don’t know what is.
So, what happens if you like rock music? How to incorporate a rock song for your Cutting of the Cake?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Def Leppard, Pour Some Sugar on Me. We couldn’t have made this list and not included one of the single most popular rock songs ever created. A party song by definition, this tune will boost your wedding guests’ appetite – both for cake and for dancing and having fun. Truly, the perfect effect for this kind of wedding moment!
- Slightly Stoopid, Sweet Honey. There’s nothing as great as putting a smile on people’s faces – and that’s exactly what this song will do. It might not seem like a wedding worthy song – but if you want something that’s filled with humor and that will definitely make people feel great, you should give it a chance. Everyone will love it!
- Maroon 5, Sugar. This tune is just meant for a Cake Cutting, for all the obvious reasons. For once, the very video of this pop rock song is all about wedding happiness. The lyrics are fantastic. The energy is mesmerizing. And it includes references to “sugar” as well. It just doesn’t get more perfect than this!
- Carpenters, We’ve Only Just Begun. There’s so much meaningfulness and beauty to this song that you just have to give it a chance! It’s the perfect tune for a couple who wants a rock song, but doesn’t want to miss out on the romantic notes – for a couple who wants the Cake Cutting to be sweet from every point of view!
Still haven’t booked your New York wedding DJ? You absolutely SHOULD contact Moving Music DJs. We’re here to make sure your wedding day is perfect – our music, our dedication, and our skill are all here to serve you and your guests, so that you can create the most amazing wedding memories ever. Contact us today!
Your bridesmaids and groomsmen are very important for your New York wedding day. Not only are they those who supported you throughout the wedding planning process, but they are also the ones who will be by your side, making sure everything is smooth on the day of the wedding itself.
If you and your friends are big fans of the R’n’B genre, why not give them (and everyone else at the wedding) an energy boost that will definitely make them want to dance? The following songs are just perfect for a wedding party entrance that boosts everyone’s party mood levels, so be sure to consider them:
- Jackson 5, I’ll Be There. Back when Michael Jackson was just a kid and not the King of Pop, Jackson 5 rocked the world with their energy and music. Play this song if you want to make your wedding party feel really special – not only is it an energizing tune, but it’s also a song filled with meaningfulness and grace. Just what you need for this kind of wedding moment!
- Mary J Blige, Family Affairs. Want to get into the even more sentimental area of things? This tune is what you’re looking for, then. Show your bridesmaids and groomsmen they are more than just friends – that they are family. Show it with this song and they are bound to love it!
- James Brown, I Feel Good. Looking for a song that’s just meant to make everyone feel good and smile? Of course, the history of music has plenty of examples in this direction – but none is as honest, as pure, and as utterly energizing as this one. The perfect tune for a touch of vintage brought into your wedding party’s entrance!
- Four Tops, Reach Out, I’ll Be There. Also an oldie but goldie, this one lies at the very beginnings of the genre. A lovely tune with great lyrics and even greater energy to it – what more could you want from a wedding party reception entrance song? People will absolutely love it!
Looking for a dedicated and talented wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who entertain you and your guests with the best music there is. Contact us and we guarantee you will never regret having picked us as your wedding DJs!
Your New York wedding is a truly once in a lifetime kind of moment – so yes, it is more than natural to want this day to be perfect and very well-coordinated with who you are as a person.
So, if you’re fans of a particular musical genre (rock, for example), you should be more than free to include this in the most special day of your life. Of course, some wedding ceremony sites (particularly religious establishments) might not allow you to include any other song than a couple of traditional few. Even so, if you plan on having your wedding ceremony anywhere else, you should be allowed to include whatever musical genre you like the most.
That being said, what are some of the most romantic rock songs to use as soundtrack for your wedding processional? Well, we have some ideas for you – continue reading to find out more.
- The Darkness – I Believe in a Thing Called Love. OK, the name of this band may not seem very wedding appropriate, but the song is so, so perfect! A real classic in the rock ballad world, this tune will be highly appreciated by pretty much everyone at your wedding.
- Metallica – Nothing Else Matters. Nobody can deny the masterpiece status of this song – and its smoothness and deep meaning makes it a really amazing addition to a wedding ceremony too. If you want to walk down the aisle on one of the very best rock songs ever created, consider Nothing Else Matters. You will love the vibe it gives you!
- Queen – Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Well, nothing beats Queen when it comes to a little pick-me-up rocking around. If you want to walk down the aisle embraced by the most amazing and recognizable voice in the industry, consider this song. People will definitely love this one!
- Green Day – Time of Your Life. This sweet, slightly nostalgic song is so 90s that it will make for an amazing addition to any Millennial wedding, really. Deep lyrics, timelessness, love, beauty – this song has it all, so if you’re looking for an alternative/pop rock/ punk rock tune to add to your wedding processional, you will definitely love this one.
Looking for an awesome wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and hire us if you want to make sure your Big Day is absolutely entertaining! Contact us and we guarantee you will never regret this choice!
Country music will never lose its charm – and if you’re among the couples in love with the genre, you surely want to make sure it’s included on your wedding day’s playlist.
What are some of the very best country songs for your New York wedding? Well, we have some suggestions for you – so read on and find out more.
- Lady Antebellum, I Run to You. Even if they are not necessarily fans of this genre, your guests are bound to at least recognize this song (and most likely LOVE it too). A popular tune with a modern, contemporary country touch and with powerful lyrics that will melt everyone’s hearts – it’s the perfect recipe for any kind of First Dance!
- Shania Twain, You’re Still the One. Well, she IS one of the multi-crowned queens of the country music genre – so we couldn’t have “missed” her in this list. This particular song has a lot of romanticism and strength to it – and it’s the kind ALL guests will recognize. So, if you want a relatable, beautiful, and truly loveable tune for your First Dance, this is IT.
- Blake Shelton, God Gave Me You. Even if you don’t like country music, Blake Shelton is bound to steal your heart with his amazing voice and with his really thoughtful, meaningful songs. This one makes no exception – so if you want a modern country song that doesn’t sway too far away from tradition, this is a really amazing option!
- Kenny Chesney, You Had Me from Hello. Also quite popular even among people who are not very familiar with the entire country music scene, this tune is a lovely option as well. It’s the perfect song for couples who really believe in first love and who have a story that really suits the song. Every relationship has its ups and downs, but knowing that you loved each other from the very first moment is a really amazing sentiment – one that will transpire into your First Dance and make it feel magical, just like a proper real-life fairytale.
Looking for a truly talented, dedicated, and professional wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and hire us if you want to make sure your Big Day is perfectly well-entertained! Contact us and you will never, ever regret hiring us – nobody before you did it, and you won’t do it either!
Fall weddings are right around the corner – and if you too are planning to have an amazing fall wedding in New York, you definitely want every single element of this event to be perfectly well coordinated with the season outside.
Of course, your wedding music should be all about you – but what if you chose a couple of songs that suit the romantic and nostalgic vibes of the season too? We have some suggestions for you – so read on if you’re looking for inspiration.
- Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova, Falling Slowly. This sweet, romantic song is just perfect for a First Dance (or for a Last Dance, or any other couple’s dance at the wedding). There’s a unique sound to it that will contribute to making your special dance(s) special and unforgettable. Plus, there’s a kind of sweet nostalgia to this song that perfectly suits the weather outside.
- The Velvet Underground, Oh, Sweet Nuthin. Another unique song you absolutely have to listen to if you don’t know it already. Romantic and powerful at the same time, everything about this song screams love – which is precisely why it’s so right for a wedding dance. Add this to the softness of the vibes it sends out and you get the perfect song for a fall wedding!
- Justin Timberlake, Not a Bad Thing. Looking for a song that’s both romantic and energizing and makes for the perfect fall wedding song? This tune is perfect for the kind of couple who wants a First Dance that’s special and surprising first and foremost – give it a listen and we guarantee you will love it!
- Halo, Beyonce. The piano, the voice, the lyrics of this song – they are so, so perfect for a wedding! The song itself may sound quite sad, but it works perfectly well with a fall wedding theme – and it makes for a sweet Last Dance that will leave guests in tears of emotion.
- Cat Power, Sea of Love. This vintage song is a really amazing choice for couples who want to stand out from the crowd with their First or Last Dance. The melody is filled with love and passion, but it also has that “fall” note that makes it absolutely great for the season outside.
Looking for the best wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who truly entertain you and your wedding guests!
All brides and grooms want their wedding days to be really unforgettable. Obviously, there are a lot of details that go into a successful wedding. From the colors you choose for the décor to the wedding menu itself, and from your dress to the flowers on the table, everything will make a difference.
But nothing is quite as important as your wedding entertainment.
What are some of the crucial tips all brides and grooms in New York should know about wedding entertainment? We have gathered them for you right below – so read on and find out more.
- Know your audience. You may not know what music each guest loves to listen to – but it’s fair to make some assumptions. For instance, it’s likely that your friends will be fine with Top 40 songs and whatever kind of music you listen to. However, your parents will probably want to dance on something they can recognize too – so you will have to include a couple of songs from different decades too.
- Everything for everyone. Sure, you’d like everyone to spend all their time on the dance floor, but that rarely happens. So why not provide non-dancers with some kind of entertainment too? A special show, stand up comedy, juggling, board games – the list is literally endless. Even a simple lounge area will help guests catch up with each other, say jokes, and create amazing memories!
- Children included. It’s perfectly fine not to want to invite children at your wedding – but if you do, treat them like any other guest and provide them with some kind of entertainment too. Some fun games for children their age, a kids’ entertainer, fun little tasks (like taking pictures with a single use camera) – these things keep the children happy and out of trouble (which consequently makes their parents happy too).
- Break the rhythm. Don’t be afraid to experiment with your special wedding songs. You don’t HAVE TO choose a smooth song for the First Dance, same as you don’t HAVE TO pick a very classical tune for your wedding processional. This is your wedding, so you make your own rules when it comes to these personal touches.
Looking for a reliable, talented, and truly attentive wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who entertain you and your wedding guests!
Your wedding first dance is one of the most beautiful, romantic, and unforgettable moments of the entire Big Day. Obviously, you want this moment to be accompanied by the kind of music that really speaks about your love story – the kind of music that flows through your veins and sends out love and beauty in the air.
What are some of the most popular first dance songs right now? We have some suggestions for you – so read on and find out more.
- Ed Sheeran, Thinking Out Loud. Undoubtedly, Ed Sheeran is one of the great troubadours of modern times. His voice goes perfectly with the ultra-romantic tunes he puts out and the amazing lyrics behind each and every single song of his. This is probably one of the most popular songs created by Ed Sheeran – and one of the most popular love (and first dance) songs ever created as well. Absolutely lovely!
- Ellie Goulding, How Long Will I Love You. Another modern voice, another amazing modern song about love and its incommensurable endlessness. If you’re looking for a song that will definitely make everyone at your wedding feel emotional and embraced by the power of love, this is IT. Amazing choice!
- Bruno Mars, Treasure. A unique voice and a truly original style you’d recognize from a million. You are just bound to love every single note of this song and every single word of it – because it speaks about the kind of love we can all relate to, because it’s sweet, because it’s uniquely unforgettable in its own way.
- Ben E King, Stand by Me. A true oldie but goldie, a song that can simply never go out of fashion – just like true love, this tune is absolutely timeless. No wonder, then, why so many people still include it in their wedding playlists, especially as their first dance song.
- Frank Sinatra and Rosemary Clooney, Peachtree Street. Just like the name suggests, this a sweet, sweet song – just perfect for the first dance. With Frank Sinatra and Rosemary Clooney behind it, this tune is romantic to the “bone” and it really sticks to one’s memory in a fantastic, beautiful way. Gorgeous option!
Looking for a wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and let’s talk about your wedding playlist – with us on your side, we guarantee your Big Day will be absolutely fantastic!
Pop music bears this name for a good reason: it is popular with most people, and chances are that those invited at your wedding will absolutely love dancing on a couple of some of the most popular…pop songs out there.
What are they? What are some of the most requested pop songs for a New York wedding playlist? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Chainsmokers & Coldplay – Something Just Like This. A pretty, catchy tune that talks about love – it really couldn’t go wrong with a wedding, right? Play this if you’re the kind of couple filled with lots of energy you totally want to share with your wedding guests.
- Imagine Dragons – Believer. OK, this is not pure pop music, but it has some pretty amazing energy to it (like most songs played by Imagine Dragons). Play this and we guarantee people will absolutely WANT TO join you all on the dance floor – it’s just the kind of tune that does that to everyone, regardless of whether or not they like the band or its style.
- Maroon 5 feat Sza – What Lovers Do. Another love song filled with the energy of a pop tune, perfect for the later in the evening (when hopefully, your wedding has helped at least a couple of friends get to know each other). It may not be the perfect song for grandmothers who get offended by sexual innuendos, but if you know your “audience” is fine with this, then you can definitely go for it.
- Khalid – Young, Dumb, and Broke. This is the song that will add a bit of humor to your wedding – it’s an excellent choice for those of you who want to make your guests smile (at least). Add this to the playlist and maybe even plan a special dance for it (like the groomsmen’s dance, for instance). People will just love it!
- Pink – What About Us. A power song like only Pink could have ever pulled off, an amazing tune that will send shivers down everyone’s spine. We have yet to hear about someone who really doesn’t like this song!
Looking for an amazing wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who help you have a truly fantastic wedding! With us on your side, everyone will find your wedding to be genuinely MEMORABLE!
Your rehearsal dinner may not be as big or as fancy as the wedding itself, but that doesn’t mean it’s not important.
On the contrary. Planning a great rehearsal dinner is very important if you want to make sure you set the right tone for the Big Day (and, of course, if you want to make sure everything will go smoothly on the wedding day).
Same as music is important on the wedding day itself, it is also a pretty essential element at your rehearsal dinner too – but what songs could you include here?
We have some suggestions for you – so continue reading to find out more.
- The Cure, Friday I’m in Love. This song is perfect from a number of points of view. First of all, it’s catchy, sweet, and there’s a high likelihood that everyone at your wedding knows it already. Secondly, it’s absolutely perfect if you’re having a Saturday wedding (like most couples do), because that means your rehearsal dinner will take place on… Friday. And yes, you’ll be in love!
- Dave Brubeck, Bossa Nova U.S.A. Looking for a jazzy tune to lift up the spirits and make people chattier and friendlier with each other? This song is really great for you, then! If you don’t know it already, be sure to give it a listen – we’re sure you will love it so much that you will automatically include it in your rehearsal dinner playlist.
- Beck, Tropicalia. Sweet, fun, and relaxing at the same time, this song is a great addition to any kind of dinner party – specifically one that has such a great influence on your wedding day. Guests will absolutely love catching up with each other and socializing with this playing on the background.
- Sugar Town, Nancy Sinatra. A sweet and romantic song that’s bound to put a huge smile on everyone’s faces. It will set just the right mood: not too energizing, not too laid-back, but perfectly in between, for a nice evening spent with those who are closest to your heart. It will be just lovely!
Looking for a talented and dedicated wedding DJ in New York? You are looking for Moving Music DJs, then! Contact us, allow us to be the ones who bring the MUSIC to your wedding, and you will never regret your choice – because with us on your side, every single guest will feel absolutely amazing!
All brides want their wedding ceremonies to be absolutely fantastic, dreamy, romantic, and unforgettable – and given the uniqueness of this moment in one’s life, that’s perfectly understandable.
The song you choose for the background of your New York wedding ceremony processional is very important – but what are some of the most popular options out there? We’ve gathered them right below – so read on if you’re looking for some inspiration.
- Pachabel, Canon in D. Aside from the classic “Here Comes the Bride”, this is one of the most popular songs to play on the wedding processional. Soft, romantic, beautiful, this classical tune will accompany you down the aisle, making you feel timelessly beautiful and eternally important in your loved one’s life (which is true!).
- Bright Eyes, First Day of My Life. Such a sweet song, for a sweet, sweet moment of your life! The music itself is very pleasing, the voice is amazing, and the lyrics will complement how you feel as you make these few, very important steps towards the one who’s going to be your other half from hereon. Amazing choice!
- Shania Twain, From This Moment On. If you would like to bring a bit of a romantic country vibe into your wedding processional, this song is just perfect for this. Say what you want, but Shania really knows how to convey strong emotions – and this song makes no exception from the rule. Play it if you want something that’s both romantic and energizing at the same time!
- Adele, Make You Feel My Love. Adele’s most popular songs are usually about breakups – so definitely not suitable for a wedding processional. This one, however, isn’t – and oh, what a masterpiece it is! The force in her voice, the emotion in her lyrics – everything about this song is GRAND and unforgettable, which is precisely why it’s such an excellent choice for a wedding processional.
- The Beatles, Here Comes the Sun. This song needs no introduction – but it can “introduce” you as a bride to your wedding guests and future spouse in such a beautiful, magical way! Choose this tune if you’d love a vintage touch to be brought into your wedding ceremony.
Looking for the BEST wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and hire us if you want your wedding music to be truly unforgettable. Contact us and we guarantee both you and your guests will have a GREAT time at your wedding!