Wedding entertainment is obviously important – and we’re not just saying this because we’re wedding entertainers ourselves, but because having fun and making for great memories is what weddings are all about.
Sure, every single detail of the Big Day matters tremendously – from the flowers you use for the décor to the food you place on the table. Wedding entertainment, however, is there to connect it all – to create the ultimate good ambiance, to help guests have the time of their lives, and, ultimately, to help you smile and shine.
What are some of the most popular wedding entertainment ideas – and where exactly should they be incorporated in the Big Day? We have gathered some tips for you – so keep reading if you want to find out more.
- Classical/ instrumental music. The soothing sounds of an instrumental piece go perfectly well with the wedding ceremony. Of course, you can definitely incorporate whatever song you like for the highlights of the ceremony (e.g. the processional). But for those moments when the guests are taking their seats, and during the actual ceremony, you might want to settle on a sound that’s more relaxing.
- This popular wedding entertainment idea goes perfectly with the mood of a cocktail hour. Because guests will be drinking and eating and chit-chatting, a caricaturist can immortalize their joy in a very fun and entertaining way. Perfect for setting a good mood for the wedding reception itself!
- Fireworks or fire juggling. These ideas are ideal for a late-night wedding – precisely because the show will look so much better during the dark! These are the kind of surprises that will definitely WOW your guests and make them feel really special in a dreamy and exciting way at the same time.
- Comedians and comedic lookalikes. This kind of entertainment is great either for the cocktail hour or for the after-wedding brunch. Why? Because it’s fun and sweet, but probably not suitable for the reception, where guests are most likely tipsy and want to eat great foods and dance on a few good songs.
Looking for the best wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and learn everything you need to know about our services. Let’s talk about your wedding and the kind of music you want to hear on this special day of your life. Book us and we guarantee you will NEVER regret this choice!
Every music genre has its own kind of beauty, and every decade its own flair – as wedding and event DJs, we know this better than anyone.
And yet, no other genre manages to get as close to the human soul and its most romantic desires just as well as R’n’B does – and if you are planning a wedding, you should definitely consider including at least one or two songs pertaining to this style.
What are the most romantic R’n’B songs to take into consideration? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- TLC, No Scrubs. We bet you haven’t listened to this one in a while. You may have been a preteen when it first came out, or you may have been in high school already – either way, it definitely marked your upbringing and your view on love. Include it in your wedding if you want to bring in a retro touch to speak about your story. People will love it!
- Usher, Here I Stand. Also a blast from the past, this song is so beautifully sung and so deep that you cannot resist it. Usher may not be among the top favorites of teens these days – but it sure was back when he came out with this song, and you were most likely listening to it again and again. Energizing and romantic at the same time, this song is perfect for so many special wedding moments!
- Sade, By Your Side. A bit more modern, but equally beautiful and soothing, this song is all about the hopes you build for the future and the very reason this wedding is happening: your love for each other and your desire to commit to each other for the rest of your lives. If that isn’t a perfect wedding song, we don’t know what is!
- Brian McKnight, Love of My Life. If you want to show the world just how much your special someone means to you, opt to include this song for your wedding processional or First Dance. We guarantee it will create a truly unforgettable, genuinely beautiful and romantic moment at your wedding!
Looking for the best wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs right now, then. Contact us and learn more about us and the kind of services we provide – we guarantee you will never regret choosing us!
Now that 2018 is over, we can finally look back at it and analyze it in its full glory. Truly, it was a good year for music – and as DJs, we couldn’t be happier about it. If you are planning a wedding in 2019 and looking for songs to include in your wedding playlist, you should definitely consider at least a couple from the best of the best released in 2018.
We have gathered some of the most romantic and wedding-worthy tunes of the year that has just ended – so read on if you are looking for inspiration.
- Bruno Mars, 24K Magic. Leave it to Bruno Mars to create songs that really get into your blood and energize you down to your very core. A little funk, but very modern at the same time, this contemporary musician really knows how to pull off quality catchy songs – and 24K Magic is one of them. Play it at your wedding to put a smile on your guests’ faces and invite them to the dance floor!
- Foo Fighters, The Sky Is a Neighborhood. Although rock, this song has a special kind of softness and romanticism to it. It is, indeed, one of the most unique songs that came out in 2018 – and it’s great for a wedding precisely because of its message. You will love it so much!
- Zac Efron, Zendaya, Rewrite the Stars. This is the kind of romantic song that will never go out of fashion – really. A true classic in terms of rhythm, music, and lyrics, this beautiful tune deserves to get written in history for its grace and beauty, for its romantic notes, for the way it can fit every love story and make it unique at the same time.
- Ed Sheeran & Beyoncé, Perfect Duet. We couldn’t have ended this list without including the Queen herself – and the modern bard of romantic music himself either. This song is exactly what the title suggests it is: the perfect duet. If you haven’t listened to it already, do it carefully. You will love every single microsecond of it!
Looking for a dedicated, talented, and reliable wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who entertain you and your guests on the Big Day. Contact us and allow us to bring a smile on everyone’s faces with our cool and entertaining selection of wedding music!
The wedding world is always changing – and that’s part of what makes it so beautiful. Every year and every season bring along new trends to shape and reshape the way weddings look, feel, and are remembered – and while we definitely do not condone following into trends just because they’re popular, we do admit some of them can be quite inspiring.
For instance, what are some of the wedding trends that will have an influence on the wedding world in 2019?
We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Not having the special dances. The First Dance, the Father Daughter Dance, the Last Dance – they’re all special moments and a lot of couples choose to have them. However, if you don’t feel comfortable with one (or all) of them, you can definitely skip the entire moment altogether (or, again, all of them). Nobody should make you do anything just because of tradition – and Millennials are the first generation to fully embrace this.
- Coordinating your music with your wedding theme. Of course, you can’t play solely country music to a rustic/ country wedding – but focusing mostly on the kind of music that suits your wedding theme can create a full experience. For instance, you might want to play themed music just for the special moments of the day – your processional, your exit, the cutting of the cake, and so on.
- Being very involved in your wedding music planning. Some couples choose to leave it all to the hands of the DJ (with the exception of a couple of songs, such as the First Dance, for example). That’s perfectly fine. But if you want your wedding music to be just as personal as the rest of the wedding, talking to your DJ about your precise musical preferences can help a lot. Even a short list of songs you like and don’t like will help your DJ create a very nice playlist for the Big Day. And if you want to be the one creating musical moments, you can definitely do it too – it’s definitely doable if you rehearse a lot and maybe even get help from a professional music teacher.
Looking for a fantastic wedding DJ to entertain your wedding in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who bring the PARTY to your Big Day!
Your wedding should be a reflection of who you are: your story, the things you believe in, the things you simply like, the way you see the world.
And yes, if that means playing your favorite music genre throughout the special moments of the wedding, then you are completely allowed to do it, no matter what music that is.
For instance, rock music may seem incompatible with weddings to many people – but if you’re a fan of the genre, you know just how energizing and powerful this music can be and how well it can fit into your Big Day (especially for the fun moments).
What are the best rock songs for a bouquet toss, for example?
We have some examples for you – so read on and find out more.
- Pat Benatar, Hit Me with Your Best Shot. Given that this is a moment dedicated to the ladies and that Pat emanates girl power through every pore, it only makes sense that a song of hers would make it to this list. This particular one fits into the occasion like a glove – it has the energy, the lyrics, the fun vibe, and everything you might want from a bouquet toss rock song.
- AC/DC, Thunderstruck. Despite it being quite on the hard metal side of rock music, this is probably one of the most well-known rock songs ever created. Moreover, it fits very well with the bouquet toss because it creates a feeling of energy and excitement (which are key to this kind of moment). People will love it – even if they don’t actually love the genre!
- Poison, Nothing but a Good Time. Girls really wanna have fun – and this song is just perfect for that! If you are looking for a pure and simply fun song with great energy to it and a touch of hair metal sprinkled into an 80s vibe, this is IT. You will absolutely love your bouquet toss moment with this playing for you!
- Queen, Another One Bites the Dust. Not only is this one of the very best rock songs ever created – but it is also really, really amazing for the bouquet toss moment because it adds a lot of humor to the entire moment. Impossible not to make people smile with this!
Looking for a talented and genuinely reliable wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and we promise we will not disappoint you in any way!
Your wedding is one of the most amazing and unforgettable moments of your entire life – and you deserve the very best when it comes to every single element that creates this special event.
Of course, you will plan the perfect décor and the most amazing foods, the most spectacular cake and the most beautiful wedding vows – but before you even reach that point, your wedding starts with one magical moment: your processional.
This moment should be filled with grace, beauty and, more than anything, your personality – and this is precisely why it’s so important to choose a song that represents you. Of course, if country music is what you like best, you should definitely include it in your wedding playlist – and yes, this includes your processional as well.
Following, we have gathered some of the very best wedding processional country songs – so read on if you are looking for a bit of inspiration.
- Shania Twain, You’re Still the One. Even if your guests are not that much into country music, they will still recognize this song. Sweet and really, really romantic, the lyrics behind this song are perfect for the moment (and the music itself will definitely embrace you and everyone at the wedding in the most amazing way there is). A great choice if you want a popular song for your wedding processional!
- Josh Turner, Soulmate. You and your loved one, you’re more than together – you are soulmates. That is why you are walking down the aisle now, and that is why you want to tie the knot for the rest of your lives. Play this song if you want to show the entire world just how much you love each other!
- Keith Urban, Only You Can Love Me this Way. There is no doubt that Keith is one of the most famous names in the country music industry – and this song shows why. This tune has everything you need: it has soul, it has amazing lyrics, it’s played by a magical voice and it sends out a really amazing message. What more could you want from your processional song?
Looking for the very best wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests with true quality entertainment. Hire us and we guarantee everyone will have the time of their lives at your wedding!
There’s nothing quite like happy music to put a smile on your face – just like there’s nothing quite like an amazing wedding to make you feel absolutely amazing and hopeful.
Of course, as the bride and groom, you want your guests to feel genuinely great at your wedding. You want them to smile, dance, and leave your wedding believing in the power only LOVE can bring into one’s life.
What are some of the best songs to send out this kind of positive vibes? We have some suggestions for you – so read on and find out more.
- New Morning, Bob Dylan. As one of the best and most amazing artists that has ever graced Earth with his music, Bob Dylan knows how to write a song that makes you smile. And this particular song definitely falls in that category! If you want to create a really amazing atmosphere at your wedding and if you are looking for a slow, soothing song that is easy to dance to and fills you with hope and good thoughts, try this one. Everyone will love it!
- Turn, Turn, Turn, The Byrds. This song may not feel that optimistic at first, but once you listen to its lyrics closely, you will find out that it’s really one of the very best ones you can play when you want guests to smile without reason. The rhythm, the sweetness of the lyrics, the entire message of this song – they are all so beautifully put together!
- Absolute Beginners, David Bowie. You have to admit it: David Bowie was way before his times – and he knew how to show this to the world. This song is unique and deep – just perfect for a couple who wants excellent music at their wedding and wants to make sure everyone else loves it as well. If you don’t know it yet, look it up – you will not regret it!
- Nina Simone, Feeling Good. Nina’s voice has the extraordinary gift of making people feel genuinely good. Not just the kind where you smile and feel OK, but deeply good, to the very bone. This song proves it very well – so play it at your wedding if you want to make your guests feel dreamy, nice, and full of hope.
Looking for a talented wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and let’s talk about your Big Day and how we will entertain you and your guests with amazing music. Contact us and you will never regret your decision!
Some of you might think that Christmas songs and weddings are completely incompatible, even when the Big Day happens in December.
However, that’s not true. There are a lot of Christmas (or at least Christmas-inspired) songs that will work perfectly well into a wedding. Following, we have collected some of the very best – so read on if you’re curious to find out more for your own Christmas wedding.
- Margaret Whiting and Johnny Mercer, Baby It’s Cold Outside. This song might not feel like a real party song – but it’s great for the warm up minutes, when guests are just taking their seats and you are greeting everyone. If you want to set the winter mood, this tune is perfect.
- Mariah Carey, All I Want for Christmas Is You. You can’t deny the fact that this song is everywhere, every single year. Even when you don’t like it that much, it’s kind of impossible not to hum it at least once in December. If you want to invite people to the dance floor, this is a great ice breaker, as it will definitely catch on like fire and make your guests actually want to dance.
- Kelly Clarkson, Underneath the Tree. If you are searching for a song that’s just as energizing and joyful as Mariah’s, but much less “used”, this is it. If you don’t know it already, give it a good listen and you will understand exactly what we mean when we say this tune is just perfect for a Christmas wedding. It brings the good vibes, the romantic notes, and the great voice into your wedding day!
- Train, Shake Up Christmas. More pop-rock than soothing tune, and more patty than romantic dances, this song is really catchy and it has a very good chance to attract a lot of people to the dance floor. The entire tune feels like a euphoria that is easily transmissible through air – it makes you smile without reason and want to dance and have fun and create really great memories.
Looking for a DJ who will help you create great memories of your wedding day? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who entertain you and your guests during the Big Day. We guarantee you will NEVER regret your choice when it comes to the wedding music!
There’s nothing quite as beautiful as a couple ready to commit to each other in love and marriage.
Here at Moving Music DJs, we are proud to say we have witnessed many such moments – and we are even happier to think we had the honor to be included in people’s such emotional life events.
In our entire experience, we have seen brides and grooms celebrating their weddings in small environments and large settings, in all the seasons, and in all levels of formality. But if there’s one element we have always seen again and again, making its way into people’s Big Day, that is romanticism.
Classic or quirky, romantic touches are always present in a wedding – and if you too are planning your own Big Day, you surely want to make sure it’s sprinkled with lovely moments.
What are some of the best ways to achieve this? Here are some tips for you:
- Make your ceremony – and more specifically, your processional – very beautiful. This is what the entire event is all about: the magical moment the bride walks down the aisle towards her groom. This and the wedding vows are actually the two most important moments of the wedding – so make sure you are surrounded by more than just lovely décor. Make sure you are surrounded by music that suits your soul and your state of spirit that moment. The search for the perfect ceremony songs will be more than worth it, we promise!
- Dance a beautiful First Dance. No, this is not about fancy dance moves, bubbles, steam, or any special effects. All these can help make the moment even more memorable – but at the very foundation, a romantic First Dance is about the emotion you send out into the air. And the music you pick for this moment is crucial when you want to create a genuinely amazing atmosphere!
- Make a grand exit – on music, of course. You might say we’re biased, given that music is what we deal with here at Moving Music DJs. However, music can really convey a lot of emotion – and when you want to exit your wedding in grand style, an energizing, positive, and romantic song for the Last Dance will definitely help!
Looking for an experienced wedding DJ who knows how to play the best music for your Big Day? Contact Moving Music DJs and you will never regret it!
The New Year is almost a month away from us – and we bet a lot of you are actually very excited about the upcoming big party. If you have decided to have a NYE wedding though, you will definitely want this event to be double-fun and double-unforgettable – and music is a huge ingredient in that.
What are some of the very best songs to play at a NYE wedding? We have some tips for you – continue reading to find out more.
- Bing Crosby, Let’s Start The New Year Off Right. Who doesn’t love a good vintage tune, the kind your mom and dad know, the kind your grandma can enjoy, the kind your 16-year-old cousin will fall in love with? This particular song is just like that – and it has the perfect theme for a NYE party and wedding too.
- Katy Perry, Fireworks. What would NYE be without fireworks? If you are not particularly keen on offering an actual fireworks show for your NYE wedding, this song will be a great replacement (or complement, if you do want to surprise your guests with this kind of moment). Fun and easy to dance to, this tune will “call” everyone to the dance floor in a second!
- E.M, It’s the End of the World as We Know It. Sure, the theme of this song might not seem to be very appropriate for a wedding – but there’s something about it that’s actually filled with hope. If you are searching for a song in the rock genre to include in your wedding playlist on New Year’s Eve, this is IT. People know it and people love it, so there’s no way to go wrong with this!
- ABBA, Happy New Year. Let’s face it: what’s a NYE party without this song and Auld Lang Syne? Play this tune and see your father’s face lighten up with the memories of his young NYE parties. Play this song and see your friends rush to the dance floor to have some fun at midnight, as the world steps into a whole new year (and you and your loved one step into a whole new life together).
Still haven’t hired the most talented wedding DJ in NY? Here we are! Contact Moving Music DJs and we guarantee you and your guests will have the time of your lives!