Some of you might think that Christmas songs and weddings are completely incompatible, even when the Big Day happens in December.
However, that’s not true. There are a lot of Christmas (or at least Christmas-inspired) songs that will work perfectly well into a wedding. Following, we have collected some of the very best – so read on if you’re curious to find out more for your own Christmas wedding.
- Margaret Whiting and Johnny Mercer, Baby It’s Cold Outside. This song might not feel like a real party song – but it’s great for the warm up minutes, when guests are just taking their seats and you are greeting everyone. If you want to set the winter mood, this tune is perfect.
- Mariah Carey, All I Want for Christmas Is You. You can’t deny the fact that this song is everywhere, every single year. Even when you don’t like it that much, it’s kind of impossible not to hum it at least once in December. If you want to invite people to the dance floor, this is a great ice breaker, as it will definitely catch on like fire and make your guests actually want to dance.
- Kelly Clarkson, Underneath the Tree. If you are searching for a song that’s just as energizing and joyful as Mariah’s, but much less “used”, this is it. If you don’t know it already, give it a good listen and you will understand exactly what we mean when we say this tune is just perfect for a Christmas wedding. It brings the good vibes, the romantic notes, and the great voice into your wedding day!
- Train, Shake Up Christmas. More pop-rock than soothing tune, and more patty than romantic dances, this song is really catchy and it has a very good chance to attract a lot of people to the dance floor. The entire tune feels like a euphoria that is easily transmissible through air – it makes you smile without reason and want to dance and have fun and create really great memories.
Looking for a DJ who will help you create great memories of your wedding day? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who entertain you and your guests during the Big Day. We guarantee you will NEVER regret your choice when it comes to the wedding music!
There’s nothing quite as beautiful as a couple ready to commit to each other in love and marriage.
Here at Moving Music DJs, we are proud to say we have witnessed many such moments – and we are even happier to think we had the honor to be included in people’s such emotional life events.
In our entire experience, we have seen brides and grooms celebrating their weddings in small environments and large settings, in all the seasons, and in all levels of formality. But if there’s one element we have always seen again and again, making its way into people’s Big Day, that is romanticism.
Classic or quirky, romantic touches are always present in a wedding – and if you too are planning your own Big Day, you surely want to make sure it’s sprinkled with lovely moments.
What are some of the best ways to achieve this? Here are some tips for you:
- Make your ceremony – and more specifically, your processional – very beautiful. This is what the entire event is all about: the magical moment the bride walks down the aisle towards her groom. This and the wedding vows are actually the two most important moments of the wedding – so make sure you are surrounded by more than just lovely décor. Make sure you are surrounded by music that suits your soul and your state of spirit that moment. The search for the perfect ceremony songs will be more than worth it, we promise!
- Dance a beautiful First Dance. No, this is not about fancy dance moves, bubbles, steam, or any special effects. All these can help make the moment even more memorable – but at the very foundation, a romantic First Dance is about the emotion you send out into the air. And the music you pick for this moment is crucial when you want to create a genuinely amazing atmosphere!
- Make a grand exit – on music, of course. You might say we’re biased, given that music is what we deal with here at Moving Music DJs. However, music can really convey a lot of emotion – and when you want to exit your wedding in grand style, an energizing, positive, and romantic song for the Last Dance will definitely help!
Looking for an experienced wedding DJ who knows how to play the best music for your Big Day? Contact Moving Music DJs and you will never regret it!
The New Year is almost a month away from us – and we bet a lot of you are actually very excited about the upcoming big party. If you have decided to have a NYE wedding though, you will definitely want this event to be double-fun and double-unforgettable – and music is a huge ingredient in that.
What are some of the very best songs to play at a NYE wedding? We have some tips for you – continue reading to find out more.
- Bing Crosby, Let’s Start The New Year Off Right. Who doesn’t love a good vintage tune, the kind your mom and dad know, the kind your grandma can enjoy, the kind your 16-year-old cousin will fall in love with? This particular song is just like that – and it has the perfect theme for a NYE party and wedding too.
- Katy Perry, Fireworks. What would NYE be without fireworks? If you are not particularly keen on offering an actual fireworks show for your NYE wedding, this song will be a great replacement (or complement, if you do want to surprise your guests with this kind of moment). Fun and easy to dance to, this tune will “call” everyone to the dance floor in a second!
- E.M, It’s the End of the World as We Know It. Sure, the theme of this song might not seem to be very appropriate for a wedding – but there’s something about it that’s actually filled with hope. If you are searching for a song in the rock genre to include in your wedding playlist on New Year’s Eve, this is IT. People know it and people love it, so there’s no way to go wrong with this!
- ABBA, Happy New Year. Let’s face it: what’s a NYE party without this song and Auld Lang Syne? Play this tune and see your father’s face lighten up with the memories of his young NYE parties. Play this song and see your friends rush to the dance floor to have some fun at midnight, as the world steps into a whole new year (and you and your loved one step into a whole new life together).
Still haven’t hired the most talented wedding DJ in NY? Here we are! Contact Moving Music DJs and we guarantee you and your guests will have the time of your lives!
Love songs and weddings will always have a very tight connection – because, let’s face it, no matter who you are and what kind of wedding you may want, you will include at least one romantic song in your playlist (it maybe something very pop or something more of a rock ballad, but it will be there).
What are some of the best love songs of 2018 – the ones you might actually want to include in your wedding playlist?
We have some ideas for you – continue reading to find out more.
- Jason Aldean, You Make It Easy. This one has the vibes of an all-time classic romantic tune, but it somehow manages to incorporate the sound of 2018 in it as well. The perfect song for the couple who wants to be romantic and modern at the same time without sacrificing on the soothing qualities of their First Dance tune!
- Lauv, I Like Me Better. This is such a beautiful declaration of love! Show your significant other that you like yourself better when you’re with them, that they make you better, that they make your entire life so much better. It’s truly one of the most amazing and overwhelming emotions the human body can perceive – and this song encapsulates it perfectly!
- Frank Ocean, Moon River. If you are searching for a love song with a totally unique vibe, you will definitely love this one. There’s something ethereal and magical about it – something that will mesmerize you and embrace you in the most amazing ways, something that will add uniqueness and authenticity to your wedding day.
- Maroon 5 feat Cardi B, Girls Like You. Say what you may, but Maroon 5 really know their way around a power song – they know how to make songs that go straight into your memory from the very first time you listen to them. This is most definitely the case for their latest 2018 release – a song that’s filled with emotion and beauty, power and energy, a song everyone at your wedding will genuinely enjoy!
Looking for a very talented and very experienced wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests with the most amazing wedding music ever. Contact us and we guarantee both you and your guests will absolutely LOVE our services!
It’s easy to feel confused by wedding rules when everyone says something different: follow this, don’t follow that, do this, don’t do that. Wedding etiquette is shifting right before our eyes and it can be hard to make sense of a world that used to be quite strict in terms of the rules it followed but is currently changing into a flexible organism, adapted for Millennial needs.
For instance, do you know which “wedding music rules” should be followed and which shouldn’t? We have gathered some in the latter category – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Line dances. Some of you might believe that line dances are a MUST at weddings – however, that’s not necessarily true. On the contrary, actually. Line dances have been frequently included in wedding playlists because they used to be fun. However, since people have gotten rather bored of these dances, you might want to skip the moment altogether. Of course, if you feel your guests might still love it, do include a line dance for them – there’s no rule against that either!
- Ceremony music. Or, more specifically, wedding processional music. A lot of people think they only have to pick classical or instrumental music for this moment but that’s not necessarily true. It is true in the case of certain religious establishments (e.g. Catholic churches), but not true in many other circumstances. Discuss this matter with your wedding ceremony officiant, as they will know how to advise you in this respect.
- First Dance music. No, your first dance doesn’t have to be ultra-romantic and smooth. You can dance with your SO on whatever song is more representative for you. You can even create a mashup of two (or more!) songs and create a fun moment out of your First Dance! You set the rules here.
- Just your music. Let’s say you like country music – it is definitely advisable to include it in your wedding playlist. However, sticking just to that might not be entertaining for all of your guests. YES, do play music you like, but don’t stick to just that because it can get boring for some of your guests. Mix different decades and different genres – that’s how amazing wedding playlists happen!
Looking for a very experienced and talented wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests with music that’s truly amazing from all points of view!
Here at Moving Music DJs, we believe in the power of music – and we believe every musical genre has its own beauty…and its own moments.
Your wedding should reflect your personality in every respect – and your wedding music is most definitely included here. So, if you’re big fans of country music, why not bring it into your Big Day?
Following, we have gathered some romantic country songs you can incorporate into any of the big wedding moments – the First Dance, the Last Dance, the Cutting of the Cake, or, why not, even the actual wedding Processional.
Read on to find your inspiration!
- Blake Shelton, Honey Bee. This is such a cute, irresistibly romantic song! Of course, when Blake Shelton sings, everything is romantic and sweet – but this particular song exceeds the “average” amount of country music sweetness through its singer, through its rhythm, and through its actual theme and lyrics too. Everyone will love it!
- Lady Antebellum, I Run to You. If you want to include a modern country song that somewhat feels like a classic country song, this is the one. The lyrics behind this particular tune are really romantic, the energy it sends out is amazing – guests will truly appreciate it.
- George Strait, I Cross My Heart. More than anything, your wedding is about your vows. About promising to be there by each other through thin and thick. About the huge hopes you have for the future together. This song is about all that – and so much more! Play it if you want to touch your guests’ hearts and make them smile and weep in emotion at the same time.
- The Dixie Chicks, Cowboy Take Me Away. It just doesn’t get more country than this song! If you want to add a little bit of fun to your wedding playlist and include a song everyone will want to dance to, this is the one. There’s so much fun and sweetness and energy to it that you just can’t stay seated while it’s on!
Looking for a truly dedicated and amazingly experienced wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests on the Big Day. We guarantee we will help you create memories that last for a lifetime!
There’s nothing more heart-warming and beautiful than spending a fun winter evening with the ones you love. That’s one of the main reasons so many couples settle on the idea of a winter wedding – and if you’re among them, you too are charmed by the option of having your wedding during wintertime.
What are some of the most beautiful winter wedding songs to borrow for your Big Day? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Dean Martin, Let It Snow. It just doesn’t get more winter-like, more romantic, or more well-known than this. A staple song in all winter playlists, this is the kind of music that will make your guests’ hearts melt on the dance floor (or on the side of it, if you choose to make this your wedding dance song). A truly popular choice!
- Fleet Foxes, White Winter Hymnal. Looking for a lovely song that isn’t as well known, but very likely to catch on very quickly? This is it! The lyrics, the theme, the music itself – they are absolutely perfect for a winter wedding filled with uniqueness and romance. People will really love it!
- Mariah Carey, All I Want for Christmas. You may like her you may genuinely dislike her – beyond that though, Mariah IS one of the strongest voices in the music of the last couple of decades. And this IS one of the single most popular winter love songs ever. If you want to see guests joining you on the dance floor, this tune will surely help you do it.
- Simon & Garfunkel, A Hazy Shade of Winter. Most people know them for The Sound of Silence, but that doesn’t mean that’s the only amazing song they’ve ever created. On the contrary, actually – if you don’t know this song already, give it a good listen and we promise it will charm you. This is perfect for the couple who loves the vibe of the 60s and 70s and who wants to include a real folk/ rock classic into their wedding playlist.
Looking for the most amazing wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guest with the finest entertainment in the entire area. With us on your side, your wedding cannot be anything less than AMAZING.
Your wedding is one of the biggest, brightest and most amazing days of your life. You want everything to be perfect about it – and your wedding music playlist makes no exception whatsoever.
Of course, there are songs you may have already decided to include in the playlist for the Big Day. But are you fully aware of the songs that shouldn’t be included in this playlist?
If not, we have gathered some tips for you – read on and find out more.
- Sad songs should have no room in a wedding. This is one of the happiest events in your life, so why shade it with sadness? Remember, some songs may seem really romantic and sweet – but if you listen carefully, they speak about topics that shouldn’t even be whispered at a wedding (such as breakups, broken hearts, and even cheating). Take “I Will Always Love You”, by Whitney Houston for instance: it’s a truly amazing and powerful song, but it talks about a breakup, rather than a blooming love story.
- Indecent songs should be avoided too. They may be really fun to dance to when you’re with your friends, but your wedding will most likely include elder family members and even children too. This type of songs is simply inappropriate for some people (e.g. the aforementioned categories), so you might want to leave them for the after-party, rather than offending your grandma with music she will surely not like.
- Repetitive styles should be avoided as well. Even if you’re the biggest fan on Earth when it comes to one musical genre, your guests aren’t as passionate as you are about it. Since you want guests to feel genuinely good partying at your wedding, you might want to mix the different genres (and even musical decades) to ensure everyone has at least one or two songs to dance to.
- Songs that aren’t for dancing. Don’t get us wrong, we’re HUGE fans of experimental and ambient music. And while that might be perfectly fine for the ceremony (or parts of it), it could be quite boring for the wedding reception because guests will want to dance and have fun and this kind of music is simply not suitable for this.
Looking for a truly dedicated and ultra-talented wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to entertain you and your guests on the Big Day!
Your wedding music is more than just music – it’s the atmosphere you set at your wedding. It’s the soundtrack you choose for one of the happiest and most memorable moments of your life.
Of course, every song should be carefully picked to suit you and who you are – and while the special dances at the reception are definitely hugely important, it is also quite important to make sure you choose amazing music for your wedding ceremony too.
What are the rules you should follow when it comes to this? We have some tips and suggestions for you – so read on if you want to learn more about this.
- Most wedding ceremony sites allow you to choose your own music. However, if you plan on having a religious wedding, you should discuss this matter with your wedding officiant. Certain religious sites have pretty strict rules as to what kind of music (and even what range of songs) can be played during ceremonies, so you should make sure to clear things out in this respect before you proceed on creating a playlist.
- Most couples only consider the music for the wedding processional and for the wedding recessional. However, music should be played throughout the entire ceremony (at a higher or lower volume, but nevertheless, music will be there in most cases). So why not take this opportunity and personalize your entire wedding? Even the music played on the background as the guests are taking their seats can be personal and unique!
- In most cases, couples choose more relaxing sounds for the first part of the wedding and something more energizing for the processional and ceremony exit. However, this is not a rule that absolutely has to be followed. If you feel that you wedding music should be high-energy from the very beginning of the ceremony, then go ahead and create a playlist that reflects your own taste.
- At the end of the day, this is a once in a lifetime kind of moment – so, as long as your ceremony site allows it, you should definitely include whatever type of music suits you best. If that’s Metallica for the wedding vow moment, then so be it!
Still searching for the perfect wedding DJ in the New York area? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who ENCHANT you and your guests with QUALITY wedding DJ music!
Your Father Daughter dance is bound to be one of the most emotional and unforgettable moments of the entire Big Day. Naturally, you want to show the world (and most importantly, your pops), just how much he means to you and how much you appreciate everything he’s ever done for you – so you want to pick a song that will truly reflect your emotions.
Pop music is an excellent choice when it comes to this – but what are some of the song options?
We have some suggestion for you – continue reading if you want to find out more.
- Beyonce, Daddy. She’s the queen of pop, so we couldn’t have missed adding her to this list. A really amazing tune with emotional lyrics that will show your father just how much he means to you. He is the man who will never let you down, the man you want your future son to be like – and that’s what this song is all about.
- Celine Dion, Because You Loved Me. Because your dad loved you, you turned out the fine woman you are today. Although this song might have a more romantic connotation in its original form, it’s still a really great option for your Father Daughter dance. Nobody can sing it more emotionally than Celine Dion, and if you want your guests to feel overwhelmed with sentiments, this is the perfect choice for you.
- Tim McGraw, My Little Girl. No matter the age, your father will always see you as his little princess – and this song beautifully emphasizes the fact that he will always love you unconditionally, always be there for you no matter what happens. A beautiful tune sang from the perspective of a father watching his baby daughter grow into a young woman – there’s just so much emotion and beauty to it!
- Charlie Puth, One Call Away. A modern tune perfect for brides who want to emanate emotion during their First Dance, but in a contemporary way. Your father will always be just there, one call away to save you from any trouble you might get into – and that’s what this song underlines.
Looking for a truly amazing wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and let’s talk about your Big Day and how we plan on entertaining you and your guests during this special event of your life!