Regardless of what kind of corporate party you may want to have, choosing great songs for the playlist is a really good idea. Of course, adding other types of entertainment to your party is definitely recommended – but when it comes down to it, music lies at the foundation of how great your guests will enjoy themselves.
If you want to add a retro vibe to your party, or if you plan on creating it based on a retro theme, you should definitely include some 60s songs to your playlist as well.
What are some of the best 60s songs that will work very well with a party? Here are some suggestions.
- Martha & The Vandellas, Dancing in the Street. This is such a lovely song that you simply cannot resist it. Play it during any moment of your wedding and we guarantee people will just jump to the dance floor, filled with positive energies. You will definitely love the effects of this tune on your wedding guests!
- Ray Charles, Hit the Road Jack. This is not just a good 60s song, it is a universally good song. It is the kind of song that makes you want to dance, and jump, and just really feel good. It’s the kind of song everyone at your wedding, from the older to the younger, will know and love. Definitely include it in your Big Day!
- Del Shannon, Runaway. Like most songs created in the 60s, this song will surely make you smile too. It has so much energy and positivity to it that you won’t be able to resist dancing to it. This rock’n’roll tune is just what you need to break the ice and create a moment of love and fun.
- James Brown, I Got You (I Feel Good). Of all the feel-good songs out there, this one definitely wins the prize for the ultimate feel good song (it’s in the title, after all). It’s great for the beginning of the dancing because it will put people in a very good mood – just enough to draw them to the dance floor!
Looking for a truly amazing wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who will delight you and your guests with the very best music there is, regardless of your wedding theme! Contact us and you will never regret it!
Every single second of your wedding day deserves to be nothing less than pure perfection. Of course, a lot of elements will contribute to this: the food, the ambiance, the lighting, the décor, and even the actual location of the wedding itself.
Of all these elements, though, one that you really don’t want to leave for last is your wedding music. Planning the perfect wedding music for your special day will help you create the right energy for each and every special moment of this event.
How do you coordinate musical genres with different wedding moments, though?
Here are some tips you might want to keep in mind.
- You should play something soft and slow for the wedding ceremony. When the guests take their seats, when the wedding processional takes place, and when the recessional takes place, you want to make sure you create a very romantic atmosphere. The best way to do this is by using soft jazz songs or instrumental songs (not necessarily classical music!). This type of music will make everyone feel relaxed and in the mood for everything great to come.
- You should play something sweet and catchy for the entrance. When you make your entrance at your wedding reception, you want to make sure you make everyone feel ready to party. Songs like Maroon 5’s “Sugar” are especially great for this kind of moment. Also, do make sure to dedicate a special song for your wedding party entrance too, to show them how much they mean to you. This song should be energizing and full of “party vibes” (such as Black Eyed Peas’ “Let’s Get the Party Started” or Pharrell’s “Happy”).
- For your wedding dance, choose a soft ballad, a soul song, or a slow pop. You want to be able to dance to this easily, but you also want the song to send out positive vibes and romantic notes. There are hundreds of examples in this category – what’s most important is that you feel with this song and that it truly speaks to you.
Looking for an awesome wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests with the kind of wedding music they will never forget! Contact us and we guarantee you will LOVE our services!
Your grandma and grandpa are the living proof that fairy tales do happen – so why not use this to create a really special, romantic moment just for them? Honoring your grandparents’ relationship and love story is one of the best ways to add a sentimental touch to your wedding and show them how thankful you are for their presence at your wedding.
What are some of the loveliest old-school for a moment dedicated to your grandpa and grandma?
Here are some suggestions:
- The Drifters, Save the Last Dance for Me. The music and the meaning behind this song, in this context, are bound to create the kind of moment nobody will ever forget. Prepare yourself for a dance that’s deeply emotional – so much that it sends shivers of emotion down your spine and makes you feel touched down to your very core!
- Sonny and Cher, I Got You Babe. This song is all about strong love – the kind that makes relationships last for decades, just like in the case of your grandparents. Your grandma and grandpa are, without doubt, quite familiar with this tune – so they will definitely love it if it’s dedicated to them.
- The Beatles, I Saw You Standing There. Only The Beatles can create a song so meaningful and so beautiful about the exact moment two people fell in love. There’s so much beauty and timelessness in this tune that not only your grandparents will love it, but everyone else too – even if they didn’t know it until now.
- Frank Sinatra, The Way You Look Tonight. This is a true all-time classic. Played at weddings to the date, this romantic blues is known by everyone. Dedicate it to your grandparents if you want to give them a moment to truly shine, while setting the tone of the evening for everyone else too!
- Elvis Presley, Can’t Help Falling in Love. We couldn’t have missed adding the King himself to this list, really! This is one of his most romantic songs (and one of the most romantic songs ever), so it is more than suitable for the moment!
Have you booked your wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who make your Big Day feel absolutely memorable. Contact us and you will definitely love our services!
Everything about a wedding calls for great music – because music will make your guests feel your love story, it will make them create memorable moments, and it will simply complement the joy and beauty of this special day in your life.
Of all the songs ever created, what are some of the truly popular ones – the ones that are always appreciated by wedding guests?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Elvis Crespo, Suavamente. As the name of the song suggests, this song is suave, romantic, and sensual. It has a truly special kind of magic to it – the kind that makes you fall in love not just with the music, but with the beauty of life. Although a bit less popular than other songs, this one is a recurrent apparition in wedding playlists of all kinds – so it definitely deserves to land on yours too!
- A-HA, Take on Me. Nothing compares to the vibes of the 80s! If you and your future spouse are Millennials, you most likely grew up to this song, so it will create a really special kind of nostalgic energy everyone at your wedding will love.
- The Righteous Brothers, Unchained Melody. This is such an all-time beauty that it definitely deserves to be on as many wedding playlists as possible! Romantic and just a little playful, this tune goes straight to your heart and right into the blood stream like nothing else can. Regardless of what they normally listen to, your guests are bound to appreciate this!
- Beyoncé, Put a Ring on It. This song has major engagement and wedding vibes to it – and it’s also an empowering tune for all women out there. Therefore, it makes for the perfect complement to any special moment with your bridesmaids – it has so much energy and so many fun touches to its core that you can do so many things with it!
- Bruno Mars, Marry You. Bruno is a name that recurrently pops on pretty much every wedding playlist – and for a very good reason. His songs are funky, sweet, and full of energy – and this one makes no exception from the rule. Not to mention it’s clearly wedding-themed!
Have you booked your New York wedding DJ? If not, and if you are still searching for the right person, be sure to contact Moving Music DJs and book us right away. You won’t regret it!
Music has an immense power – that of speaking to people even when there are no lyrics or when they are in a completely different language. Most of the times, music manages to send across the right message (for its target audience and for its intended purpose) – but sometimes, some songs are confusing in terms of what they want to tell.
What are some of the songs you might want to leave out of the wedding?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- The Weeknd, I Can’t Feel My Face. This might sound like a love song full of passion and poetry. But, in fact, it is a song about…using drugs. Sure, you may not know this straight ahead when you listen to it, but the meaning behind the lyrics has been admitted by the people behind the song themselves – so you might want to skip playing it at your wedding altogether.
- Los del Rio, Macarena. It’s one of the most popular line dances in history, so why would you skip it at your wedding? Well, as it turns out, this is one of the single most inappropriate songs to play on the Big Day, mostly because its lyrics talk about…cheating. And they don’t even do it on a sad note, filled with regret! Truly, this must be one of the most misleading songs in the history of music!
- Whitney Houston, I Will Always Love You. This song is quite misleading as well – especially since most people perceive it as a love song. That’s not very far from reality, actually – the “small” detail that makes the difference is, however, that this song talks about breakup. No matter how beautiful Whitney’s voice may be and no matter how soothing the song itself is, its nature is just not suitable for a wedding – even less for the first dance!
- Black Eyed Peas, My Humps. This might be a great throwback to the beginning of the 2000s and it might be a really good party starter – but the message of the song is quite inappropriate for a wedding, especially if kids are invited too (and we’re pretty certain your grandma won’t love the lyrics either).
Looking for a brilliant wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your wedding guests with the best music ever!
Your wedding is supposed to be a truly magnificent moment in your life – and while every single second counts to making this event feel truly memorable, we know just how important it is for brides and grooms to create a truly remarkable first dance.
Naturally, the song you choose for this special dance is very, very important.
But what are some of the things you should not do when picking it? We have some tips for you – keep reading and find out more.
- This is not something you choose on a whim, just because. It’s not something you rush through or something you leave for the night before the wedding itself. Deciding which song suits you best can be a pretty long process, especially since this has to fit both of you and since you must both connect to it at an emotional level. Take your time in doing this, listen to music with your heart open, and always keep your mind open to new options as well.
- This is not something you choose based on trends either. Just because a couple of years ago everyone’s go-to for the first dance was Ed Sheeran, it doesn’t mean that this has to be a great option for you too. Trends can be a great source of inspiration, yes. And if you find a popular song that speaks to your soul and to your story, then go ahead and use it for the first dance. But don’t rely solely on trends for this very important decision! Your heart dictates first, not the popularity charts!
- This is not something you choose without “testing”. Or, in other words, dancing to it. You don’t have to be the most experienced dancers in the world to pull off a magical first dance – but you do need to make sure you can actually dance to this. Test it out around the house and see how you actually feel moving to this tune – is it something that makes you feel good, a song you find it easy to dance to? Then this is the one!
Looking for a talented, experienced, and dedicated wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests with truly qualitative music during the Big Day. With us on your side, everyone’s going to be on the dance floor!
Although it is not a must, the father daughter dance is one of the most beautiful moments you can incorporate into your wedding. In the end, this dance is all about showing your gratitude towards the man who raised you and taught you how to be the amazing woman you are today.
What are some of the very best classic rock tunes you could play for this special moment? We have some father daughter song ideas for you – so read on if you are looking for inspiration.
- Wilco, My Darling. There is SO much sweetness and love in this son! Created as a lullaby, this song is all about a father protecting his baby daughter – which is precisely what your dad did when you were little, and what he will continue to do forever. Such lovely lyrics, such a beautiful, easy to dance to melody!
- The Beach Boys, God Only Knows. This song is all about love – the kind that a father shares with his daughter. Therefore, it makes for a beautiful soundtrack for the father daughter dance. The lyrics and the music are timelessly beautiful and deep, so this tune is bound to be appreciated by both your father and the guests.
- The Byrds, Turn, Turn, Turn. This is the kind of song you definitely know (even if you don’t know you do!). Deep and emotional down to the very last lyric, this beautiful tune is still popular today, even though it’s been more than five decades since it was first released – and there’s a very good reason for that: it still speaks to everyone. A tune about the passing of time that’s bound to make everyone at your wedding feel touched by your father daughter dance!
- Queen, You’re My Best Friend. Need we say more? This song came out at the middle of the 1970s, but it is truly timeless – and it is an amazing choice for an unforgettable father daughter dance! The sweetness of the lyrics and the unmistakable voice of Freddie will accompany you down the dance floor for one of the loveliest moments of the Big Day!
Still looking for an amazing wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests with music everyone will love and want to dance to! Contact us and allow us to be the ones who entertain you and your guests!
Your wedding music can make all the difference in the world. Even if the rest of your wedding is simple or modest, the wedding music you choose, as well as the food you serve can instantly pump up the mood and help guests have a genuinely good time.
How do you plan your wedding music? What are the essential tips to keep in mind?
We have gathered some of them for you – so keep reading and find out more.
- Don’t go over your budget. Yes, music is the kind of wedding element you should definitely prioritize over other smaller elements (such as specific pieces of décor or even day of stationery). However, this doesn’t mean that you should go over your budget. As wedding DJs ourselves, we understand that, in the end, nothing is more important than starting your married life on the right foot and not having to carry debt with you for the years to come. So, yes, we totally believe budget is where it all starts.
- Weed out the unclassy songs. This does not mean you cannot play modern or dance-worthy songs. On the contrary, you should definitely do that too! However, do make sure to listen closely to the songs you choose for the Big Day, so that you don’t leave anything that might offend anyone. It’s better to play it safe with these things.
- Do you have any kind of specific musical tastes? For instance, if you like a special decade or a very specific genre (pop-rock-folk indie, for example), you want to make sure you bring that into your wedding day without making guests feel bored with it. The best way to deal with this is by dedicating a special section of your wedding to your favorite songs.
- Want guests to leave your wedding feeling great and energized? Make sure your last songs are high-energy and happy. It’s the best way to help everyone end a great day on a high note – it will instantly put a smile on everyone’s faces and who knows, maybe the party will continue elsewhere with those who want to keep on having fun all night long.
Have you booked your New York wedding DJ yet? If you are still looking for the right team, come check out Moving Music DJs. We have the experience, the talent, and the dedication you need for special events in your life – so you will never regret hiring us!
Weddings are unique events by definition: they are the kind of event that changes one’s life course and the kind of event that absolutely has to be infused with the unique personality and experience of the couple getting married.
Naturally, your music has to be just as special as your love story is – so what are some of the most unique music options to play at your wedding in 2019?
We’ve got some suggestions for you – keep on reading and find out more.
- Joy Crookes, Don’t Let Me Down. Love is not a battlefield, like Pat would say – love is a work ground and a field of trust. Allowing yourself to fall in love with someone means that you are giving yourself to someone in the deepest sense of the word. This is what this song is all about: being vulnerable and placing your entire trust in your loved one. It’s a unique take on what love feels like, and the music itself definitely fits the uniqueness of the message too.
- Mereba, Planet U. In some ways, this song feels like a journey through the galaxy – and like a journey towards your loved one too. Somewhere in between rap and soul, this tune breaks the boundaries in musical terms and sends out a truly amazing message filled with love, passion, and dedication all at once. A splendid option for pretty much every special wedding moment, from the processional to the last dance!
- James Blake, I’ll Come Too. Is there anything more romantic than declaring your love by saying you will always be there, no matter what? In the end, this is what every wedding vow is all about – so if you want a musical vow that puts it really beautifully, this is just perfect. The voice is absolutely amazing, the music will run through your veins directly to your heart, and the message is more than just romantic: it is the very essence of love itself. What an amazing tune to play at a wedding, regardless of where you choose to incorporate it!
Looking for the very best wedding DJs in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who will delight you and your guests with music that truly suits you and the event you are planning. You will never regret hiring us!
2019 has started with a bang in the wedding world, with many celebrities tying the knot (more or less secretly). Given that the full wedding season is right around the corner, we are looking forward to an explosion of amazing weddings in the next few months as well.
What are some of the ultra-popular songs that will be played at 2019 weddings?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Bruno Mars ft. Cardi B, Finesse. Bruno Mars has a way with his music that lands him on wedding playlists almost instantaneously – and this particular Cardi B collaboration makes no exception from the rule. Play it at your wedding if you want people to instantly get off their chairs and go on the dance floor to have the time of their lives.
- Justin Timberlake, Can’t Stop This Feeling. There’s so much music and positive vibes happening in every Justin Timberlake song that it would be hard not to dance to his tunes. This particular one will be mad popular at weddings in 2019 precisely because it has great energy and uniqueness to it – plus, everyone knows it, so you are in for a really fun party.
- Whitney Houston, I Wanna Dance with Somebody. This will always be a classic – it’s the kind of song to play when you want all generations present at your wedding to jump off their seats and dance the evening away. Positive, beautiful, and romantic at the same time, this tune is a true invitation to the dance floor, regardless of age or general musical tastes – it’s that kind of universal song that can make all the difference in the world when added to a party playlist.
- Marshmello, Happier. This song might be tricky, because while it is positive (and it definitely has positive vibes to it), it also tends to lean towards a breakup. So, if you are superstitious or if you simply don’t find this appropriate for your wedding, you might want to skip it. If you want to go beyond that into the deeply positive message and music of this song, then by all means go ahead and add it to your playlist – people love it!
Looking for a dedicated and talented wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and hire us if you want your wedding music to be absolutely unforgettable. You won’t regret it!