Your wedding is supposed to be a truly magnificent moment in your life – and while every single second counts to making this event feel truly memorable, we know just how important it is for brides and grooms to create a truly remarkable first dance.
Naturally, the song you choose for this special dance is very, very important.
But what are some of the things you should not do when picking it? We have some tips for you – keep reading and find out more.
- This is not something you choose on a whim, just because. It’s not something you rush through or something you leave for the night before the wedding itself. Deciding which song suits you best can be a pretty long process, especially since this has to fit both of you and since you must both connect to it at an emotional level. Take your time in doing this, listen to music with your heart open, and always keep your mind open to new options as well.
- This is not something you choose based on trends either. Just because a couple of years ago everyone’s go-to for the first dance was Ed Sheeran, it doesn’t mean that this has to be a great option for you too. Trends can be a great source of inspiration, yes. And if you find a popular song that speaks to your soul and to your story, then go ahead and use it for the first dance. But don’t rely solely on trends for this very important decision! Your heart dictates first, not the popularity charts!
- This is not something you choose without “testing”. Or, in other words, dancing to it. You don’t have to be the most experienced dancers in the world to pull off a magical first dance – but you do need to make sure you can actually dance to this. Test it out around the house and see how you actually feel moving to this tune – is it something that makes you feel good, a song you find it easy to dance to? Then this is the one!
Looking for a talented, experienced, and dedicated wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests with truly qualitative music during the Big Day. With us on your side, everyone’s going to be on the dance floor!
Although it is not a must, the father daughter dance is one of the most beautiful moments you can incorporate into your wedding. In the end, this dance is all about showing your gratitude towards the man who raised you and taught you how to be the amazing woman you are today.
What are some of the very best classic rock tunes you could play for this special moment? We have some father daughter song ideas for you – so read on if you are looking for inspiration.
- Wilco, My Darling. There is SO much sweetness and love in this son! Created as a lullaby, this song is all about a father protecting his baby daughter – which is precisely what your dad did when you were little, and what he will continue to do forever. Such lovely lyrics, such a beautiful, easy to dance to melody!
- The Beach Boys, God Only Knows. This song is all about love – the kind that a father shares with his daughter. Therefore, it makes for a beautiful soundtrack for the father daughter dance. The lyrics and the music are timelessly beautiful and deep, so this tune is bound to be appreciated by both your father and the guests.
- The Byrds, Turn, Turn, Turn. This is the kind of song you definitely know (even if you don’t know you do!). Deep and emotional down to the very last lyric, this beautiful tune is still popular today, even though it’s been more than five decades since it was first released – and there’s a very good reason for that: it still speaks to everyone. A tune about the passing of time that’s bound to make everyone at your wedding feel touched by your father daughter dance!
- Queen, You’re My Best Friend. Need we say more? This song came out at the middle of the 1970s, but it is truly timeless – and it is an amazing choice for an unforgettable father daughter dance! The sweetness of the lyrics and the unmistakable voice of Freddie will accompany you down the dance floor for one of the loveliest moments of the Big Day!
Still looking for an amazing wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests with music everyone will love and want to dance to! Contact us and allow us to be the ones who entertain you and your guests!
Your wedding music can make all the difference in the world. Even if the rest of your wedding is simple or modest, the wedding music you choose, as well as the food you serve can instantly pump up the mood and help guests have a genuinely good time.
How do you plan your wedding music? What are the essential tips to keep in mind?
We have gathered some of them for you – so keep reading and find out more.
- Don’t go over your budget. Yes, music is the kind of wedding element you should definitely prioritize over other smaller elements (such as specific pieces of décor or even day of stationery). However, this doesn’t mean that you should go over your budget. As wedding DJs ourselves, we understand that, in the end, nothing is more important than starting your married life on the right foot and not having to carry debt with you for the years to come. So, yes, we totally believe budget is where it all starts.
- Weed out the unclassy songs. This does not mean you cannot play modern or dance-worthy songs. On the contrary, you should definitely do that too! However, do make sure to listen closely to the songs you choose for the Big Day, so that you don’t leave anything that might offend anyone. It’s better to play it safe with these things.
- Do you have any kind of specific musical tastes? For instance, if you like a special decade or a very specific genre (pop-rock-folk indie, for example), you want to make sure you bring that into your wedding day without making guests feel bored with it. The best way to deal with this is by dedicating a special section of your wedding to your favorite songs.
- Want guests to leave your wedding feeling great and energized? Make sure your last songs are high-energy and happy. It’s the best way to help everyone end a great day on a high note – it will instantly put a smile on everyone’s faces and who knows, maybe the party will continue elsewhere with those who want to keep on having fun all night long.
Have you booked your New York wedding DJ yet? If you are still looking for the right team, come check out Moving Music DJs. We have the experience, the talent, and the dedication you need for special events in your life – so you will never regret hiring us!
Weddings are unique events by definition: they are the kind of event that changes one’s life course and the kind of event that absolutely has to be infused with the unique personality and experience of the couple getting married.
Naturally, your music has to be just as special as your love story is – so what are some of the most unique music options to play at your wedding in 2019?
We’ve got some suggestions for you – keep on reading and find out more.
- Joy Crookes, Don’t Let Me Down. Love is not a battlefield, like Pat would say – love is a work ground and a field of trust. Allowing yourself to fall in love with someone means that you are giving yourself to someone in the deepest sense of the word. This is what this song is all about: being vulnerable and placing your entire trust in your loved one. It’s a unique take on what love feels like, and the music itself definitely fits the uniqueness of the message too.
- Mereba, Planet U. In some ways, this song feels like a journey through the galaxy – and like a journey towards your loved one too. Somewhere in between rap and soul, this tune breaks the boundaries in musical terms and sends out a truly amazing message filled with love, passion, and dedication all at once. A splendid option for pretty much every special wedding moment, from the processional to the last dance!
- James Blake, I’ll Come Too. Is there anything more romantic than declaring your love by saying you will always be there, no matter what? In the end, this is what every wedding vow is all about – so if you want a musical vow that puts it really beautifully, this is just perfect. The voice is absolutely amazing, the music will run through your veins directly to your heart, and the message is more than just romantic: it is the very essence of love itself. What an amazing tune to play at a wedding, regardless of where you choose to incorporate it!
Looking for the very best wedding DJs in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who will delight you and your guests with music that truly suits you and the event you are planning. You will never regret hiring us!
2019 has started with a bang in the wedding world, with many celebrities tying the knot (more or less secretly). Given that the full wedding season is right around the corner, we are looking forward to an explosion of amazing weddings in the next few months as well.
What are some of the ultra-popular songs that will be played at 2019 weddings?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Bruno Mars ft. Cardi B, Finesse. Bruno Mars has a way with his music that lands him on wedding playlists almost instantaneously – and this particular Cardi B collaboration makes no exception from the rule. Play it at your wedding if you want people to instantly get off their chairs and go on the dance floor to have the time of their lives.
- Justin Timberlake, Can’t Stop This Feeling. There’s so much music and positive vibes happening in every Justin Timberlake song that it would be hard not to dance to his tunes. This particular one will be mad popular at weddings in 2019 precisely because it has great energy and uniqueness to it – plus, everyone knows it, so you are in for a really fun party.
- Whitney Houston, I Wanna Dance with Somebody. This will always be a classic – it’s the kind of song to play when you want all generations present at your wedding to jump off their seats and dance the evening away. Positive, beautiful, and romantic at the same time, this tune is a true invitation to the dance floor, regardless of age or general musical tastes – it’s that kind of universal song that can make all the difference in the world when added to a party playlist.
- Marshmello, Happier. This song might be tricky, because while it is positive (and it definitely has positive vibes to it), it also tends to lean towards a breakup. So, if you are superstitious or if you simply don’t find this appropriate for your wedding, you might want to skip it. If you want to go beyond that into the deeply positive message and music of this song, then by all means go ahead and add it to your playlist – people love it!
Looking for a dedicated and talented wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and hire us if you want your wedding music to be absolutely unforgettable. You won’t regret it!
Your wedding music is very, very important – and we’re not just saying this because we’re wedding DJs, we’re saying it because music can really speak farther than words, and you really need amazing music to accompany your most special wedding moments.
How do you choose it correctly, though – and even more, how do you choose your first dance correctly?
We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Communication is everything. You and your fiancé need to agree on the first dance song together. While most of the times the emphasis is on the bride, the truth is that you really want to make this moment (and your entire wedding) about both of you. Talk to your fiancé and see how you can find a song that really suits both of you – as separate individuals, and as a couple too.
- Genre rules shouldn’t be considered. Most brides and grooms choose wedding songs that are soft, romantic, and mellow. But that shouldn’t be perceived as a rule. In fact, you can actually pick songs from any musical genre under the sun – it could be a rock ballad, an r’n’b song, an indie tune, or even a classical piece.
- The only rule you should consider is whether or not this is wedding-appropriate. For instance, songs that are too sexual or songs that speak about breakups should be removed from the wedding playlist. While they might be great to listen to and dance to on other occasions, a wedding is not the moment for them.
- Choose a song you can easily dance to. When choosing your first dance song, remember that you have to easily be able to dance to it. If your dancing skills are very good, you can choose a more complex choreography (and thus, you can pick a song that’s more complex too). However, if you feel that you want to keep your first dance very simple, the melody should be simple as well.
Have you booked your wedding DJ in New York yet? If you are still searching for someone who is truly reliable and trustworthy, talented and dedicated, experienced and truly passionate, call us. Moving Music DJs is here to make your wedding day feel unforgettable. With our skills on your side, both you and your guests will have the time of your life at your wedding!
Your wedding day – oh, how much you have dreamed about this and oh, how much you planned for the perfect event! From the little décor details you set on the tables to the dress you wear, you want every single element of this magical day to be flawless.
And, as we always say, your music makes absolutely no exception from this.
Your wedding songs are supposed to mirror you: who you are, where you come from, what your love story is. And if country music does this the best way there is for you, then you should definitely include at least one or two songs from the genre in your playlist.
Of course, you have plenty of new country music at your fingertips and you can easily pick something that will suit you. But what about the old-school country music? What are some of the best romantic classic country songs for you?
Here are some suggestions:
- Conaway Twitty, I Want to Lay You Down. It just doesn’t get more old-school country than this – and this is the precise reason the song isn’t as scandalous as the title might give away. In fact, this is a pretty romantic tune – one your grandma and all of your other guests will love. Passionate and memorable, this is the kind of song people will surely want to Shazam if they don’t know it already.
- Johnny Cash, I Love You Because. There are a million ways and a million reasons love happens – and this song is the result of pure love: for people, for music, for that one special person. Nothing beats a good Johnny Cash tune and if you want to be surrounded by his unmistakable voice, this song is just perfect.
- George Jones, The Love in Your Eyes. Definitely more modern country than the other two songs we have described here, this one too has a lot of beauty and lyricism in it. Truly, it is a flawless choice for a first dance, for a last dance, or even for an unconventional wedding processional!
Have you booked your wedding DJ? If you are searching for the very best wedding DJ pros in New York, be sure to contact Moving Music DJs right now. We’re here to help you create a truly amazing atmosphere at your wedding!
Your first dance should be nothing less than absolutely magical – you deserve this and your love story deserves it. Of course, the special effects and the choreography of the dance itself can matter a lot – but when it comes down to it, the music matters the most.
What are some of the freshest first dance song ideas you might want to consider for this special moment? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- Lady Gaga, Always Remember Us This Way. Although the movie scene with this song was heartbreaking, the truth is that the song itself is deeply romantic. Yes, it does have a bit of sadness to it – but the message behind it is so meaningful that it should definitely land on your shortlist for the first dance song. So much power, grace, and passion in this beautiful Lady Gaga creation!
- Michl, Better With You. Everything is better when you are with the one you love – and if you want to show the world just how great this feels, pick this song for your first dance. It’s such a beautiful and sweet tune! Plus, it has a pretty modern sound to it, so it works very well with couples who want a contemporary wedding (maybe even a wedding that’s set in an urban location!).
- Camila Cabello, Never Be the Same. This is the kind of song that will sweep you off your toes with its uniqueness and beauty. It has power, it has energy, it has passion – it’s just perfect for brides and grooms who want their first dance to be truly original and memorable. While it might not be the best choice for someone who doesn’t want an intricate choreography, it sure is for those of you who want to make a true show out of your first dance!
- Mumford and Sons, Guiding Light. Your love is the light that guides you in life – and you want this to stay the same from hereon as well. This beautiful folk tune will embrace you with its rawness and power in a truly amazing way, helping you create a first dance that truly speaks about your love story!
Looking for a talented wedding DJ in New York? For a team who will be there for you and help you really entertain your guests? Contact Moving Music DJs and you will never regret your choice!
There’s nothing more beautiful than music – and we’re not saying this just because we’re DJs and music is our life.
We’re saying it because music has real power – the power to enchant, entertain, and embrace at the same time.
This is precisely why it’s very important to choose wedding songs that truly mirror your personality – and if you’re the kind of couple who appreciates the uniqueness and freshness of a good indie song, this is a genre you should definitely include in your wedding playlist.
What are some of the best indie songs for a 2019 wedding?
Read on and find out more.
- Snow Patrol, The Dark Switch. This might seem like a dark song at first, but it has so much lyrical depth to it – not to mention it’s Snow Patrol, so it has the power to go straight to your heart and run through your veins for a long time once you listen to it. If you are searching for a song that will haunt you and your guests with its uniqueness, romanticism, and beauty, this is IT!
- Mat Kearney, Kings and Queens. You are the King and Queen of your Big Day, right? So why not play a song that makes you feel that way? This Mat Kearney tune is a truly beautiful creation that will make your guests feel overwhelmed with your beautiful love story and its positivity. Everyone will love it!
- Circa Waves, Movies. This is what we would call a classic indie – it has the unique point of view and the rhythm of an indie song that simply puts everything in a different perspective. If you and your loved one feel like your story deserves its own movie (and its own theme song), do give this one a try. It’s lovely!
- The Fratellis, Starcrossed Losers. This one is such a cute option! It’s kind of like those teen movies that make you feel giggly and warm – but at the same time, it manages to be really deep, meaningful, and beautiful too. If you are searching for a genuinely special song that will put a smile on everyone’s faces, you will love this option!
Have you booked your wedding DJ in New York yet? If not, be sure to contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who TRULY entertain everyone at your wedding. You’ll never regret it!
There’s something magical and beautiful about folk music that makes it perfect for sweet, romantic moments – and if you’re a fan of the genre, you should definitely include at least some folk tunes in your Big Day’s soundtrack!
What are some of the best folk songs you could steal for your wedding day?
We have some suggestions for you – keep on reading and find out more.
- Philip Philips, Dance with Me. The romantic undertones of this song are absolutely perfect for a wedding – especially a first or last dance! There’s something so deep and beautiful about the lyrics and the music behind this song that all of your guests will fall in love with it.
- Ray LaMontagne, You Are the Best Thing. This might sound unbelievable to those who were listening to this song when it first came out, but it’s been more than a decade since it was released. Like all good things though, this song maintains its freshness and beauty regardless of how much time has passed. It’s a pure declaration of love wrapped uniquely in a voice and a song that are truly special. This song is perfect for the wedding recessional, as well as the first dance – but of course, you can play it any time during the Big Day.
- Tom Odell, Grow Old with Me. There’s nothing more romantic than growing old with the one you love – and this song is all about that! If you want to show the world just how much you love each other and how hopeful you are for your future together, play this song during the Big Day. The music will embrace you and your guests in such a beautiful and unique way!
- LP, Lost on You. Probably one of the most original contemporary artists, LP knows how to create love songs that are raw, unique, and truly deep. This one is an excellent example of her music and how amazing it can be! The music, the voice, the lyrics – everything about this sweet song is absolutely perfect.
Looking for the very best wedding DJ in New York? Contact Moving Music DJs and allow us to be the ones who delight you and your guests with music nobody will ever forget – the perfect music for the perfect Big Day. Just what your love story deserves!